Job Title: Faculty/College of Nursing
Institution: The American University of Kurdistan
Location: Duhok, Autonomous Kurdistan Region, Iraq
Job Type: Full Time
Posting Date: October 12, 2021
Closing Date: December 20, 2021
Salary: Competitive and Commensurate with experience
The role of the Faculty at AUK is central to the University’s primary educational mission. Their primary focus is on teaching; they impart basic and applied knowledge to students and assist and mentor them through the learning process. Faculty at AUK also engage in research in order to remain current in their respective disciplines and advance the University as a center for knowledge creation. Equally important is their active engagement in AUK’s activities and community service. The key responsibilities of the faculty are as follows:
- Facilitate student learning, provide effective instruction, and perform evaluations of student learning for all assigned classes, using each course’s approved outline as a guide.
- Teach 24 credit hours per academic year, unless provided course releases for administrative or research duties by approval of the respective dean and Provost.
- Develop course curricula, teaching and other instructional materials, lectures, labs, etc. as appropriate to the respective course assignment.
- Participate in program-level learning assessment; participation includes helping articulate learning outcomes, assessment administration, data collection and analysis, and the implementation of tactics to improve student learning outcomes.
- Implement AUK provisions and regulations on Quality Assurance (QA) and Institutional Academic Effectiveness (IAE) for enhancing student’s learning outcomes.
- Work with other faculty and administrators in developing program curricula as per disciplinary and accreditation standards.
- Schedule, supervise, debrief, and evaluate students in internships, field experiences, commercial projects, etc. as appropriate for the course/program.
- Be available to students via email, phone, or other virtual platform for personal conferences; the method of contact and hours of availability should be clearly communicated to students through the course syllabus each semester.
- Assign grades and maintain course/student records in accordance with FERPA regulations and submit grades and course portfolios by established deadlines.
- Meet all classes as scheduled.
- Help students achieve their educational and career goals through formal and/or informal coaching.
- Post and keep on-campus office hours to facilitate interaction with students, other faculty, staff, administrators, and the public.
- Serve on standing and ad hoc committees, advisory boards, hiring committees, faculty senate, etc.
- Attend local, regional, state, or national meetings where required or necessary on behalf of the program/college/university.
- Attend commencement, university ceremonies, institutional workshops/trainings, and departmental/college-wide meetings.
- Perform other academically related duties as assigned by the department chair/dean/Provost.
- Participate in the annual faculty evaluation process.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Holds either a master’s degree or a doctoral degree in nursing from an accredited school.
- Demonstrate ability and creativity in forecasting and addressing the educational needs of a changing nursing environment;
- A goal-driven approach to enhance the recognition of the College regionally and internationally.
- Familiarity with the policies and procedures of U.S. accreditation organizations related to Nursing.
- Capability to utilize developing technologies in directing education and research;
- Native or native level fluency in English.
The search committee will begin a review of applications immediately and continue work until an appointment is made. To assure full consideration include a letter of interest, analysis of qualifications, curriculum vitae Applications and nominations should be sent electronically with the subject “Faculty/College of Nursing” to the Human Resources ([email protected]).