Requisition ID: req27151
Job Title: Feedback and Response Mechanism Assistant – Erbil
Sector: Monitoring & Evaluation
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Erbil, Iraq
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, IRC offers life-saving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in more than 40 countries and in 22 U.S. cities, IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted by conflict or disaster. IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in more than 40 countries and in 22 U.S. cities, the IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted by conflict or disaster. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC Iraq program was established in 2003 and is currently providing humanitarian assistance in the sectors of child protection, women’s protection and empowerment, protection and rule of law, early childhood development, cash, livelihoods and governance. The IRC Iraq’s main office is based in Erbil, with field offices in Baghdad, Ninewa, Salah al-Din, Kirkuk and Anbar.
The purpose of this position is to provide day-to-day assistance with delivering feedback/complaint services. Under the direct supervision of the Feedback and Response Mechanism Manager. Responsibilities include administrative handling of feedback and complaints, routine recordkeeping, and communication and coordination. The position requires the ability to work closely with a multi-disciplinary team, answer and respond back calls on IRC country hotline during working hours and to interact effectively with a wide variety of community members.
Handle feedback/complaint processing
· Serve as point of contact/ and administer communication channels (e.g. help desk, hotline, Viber, WhatsApp, suggestion boxes).
· Register and acknowledge feedback/complaints.
· Inform stakeholders about confidentiality policy, complaint-handling process, and timeframes.
· Handle routine questions and requests for information.
· Categorize and route stakeholder feedback/complaints to responsible staff according to policy and procedures.
· Facilitate communication with complainants about case status and decisions been made on their cases.
· Make sure have the up-to-date information about IRC country program projects in place with detailed information about the selection criteria for all sectors.
Maintain up-to-date, accurate records and reports
· Handle entry, upload, and export of data, using designated software.
· Organize paper and electronic records.
Assist knowledge development and information dissemination
· Coordinate and communicate with other complaint-handling teams in the region.
· Perform other duties or special assignments as needed.
· Support in raising the PRs for accountability outreach materials requested by the line manager or MEAL coordinator.
· Make sure field offices has sufficient outreach materials to be shared with clients.
· Any other relevant task as required
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Feedback and Response Manager (solely for responsibilities described in this terms of reference)
Position directly supervises: N/A
Indirect Reporting: N/A
Other Internal and/or external contacts
Internal: Complaint Review Committee, Technical Focal Points, M&E team, Human Resources, Compliance Coordinator, Technology for Program manager
External: IRC partners, other NGOs
Education: Relevant higher national diploma or university degree.
Work Experience: Minimum one year working on community issues, including voluntary activism/support
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
· Excellent listening and communication skills, able to handle problems with patience, politeness and diplomacy
· Solid organizational skills, attention to detail, able to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with staff and partners in cross-cultural, multi-disciplinary environment
· Working familiarity with Smart phones or tablets, preferably for mobile data collection and online ticketing system.
· Strong self-initiative, with ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in fast-paced team environment
Language Skills: Arabic and Kurdish is a must, English is required..
The position will be based in Erbil, Iraq with travels to field sites. Occasional travel to other governorates may also be required.
Standards of Professional Conduct:
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including maternity leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Attention Returning National Candidates:
IRC strives to attract, motivate and retain qualified national staff in our programs. We strongly encourage national or returning national candidates to apply for this position. If you are a national of the country in which this position is based and are currently located outside of your home country and possess over two years of international work experience, IRC has introduced an attractive remuneration package. The package includes competitive compensation, return flight to post, shipping allowance, temporary housing and a relocation allowance. Certain restrictions may apply.
Notice to all Job Seekers
IRC implements an equal employment opportunity policy
and our recruitment process is based on merit.
Applicants and/or successful interview
candidates (both internal and external) are not required to pay any fees at any
stage of the recruitment process.
If anyone asks you for any financial or
non-financial favors to help you secure a job at IRC, kindly report to [email protected]
ملاحظة لكل الباحثين عن وظيفة
تعتمد لجنة الانقاذ الدولية سياسة فرص عمل
متساوية و ان عملية التوظيف لدينا تعتمد على الجدارة.
لايتوجب على المتقدمين لاي وظيفة او المؤهلين للمقابلات
(سواء كانوا موظفيين حالين او متقدمين من خارج المنظمة) دفع اي مبلغ مالي خلال اي
مرحلة من مراحل التوظيف.
اذا قام اي شخص بطلب اي خدمة مالية او غير مالية لقاء
مساعدتكم في تأمين فرصة عمل داخل المنظمة ،يرجى الابلاغ عن ذلك الى [email protected]
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.