All INTERSOS employees are expected to perform their roles and responsibilities according to the INTERSOS charter of values, code of ethics, PSEA and Child Protection policies. The job description is mandatory for all positions within INTERSOS and shall be signed by the employee within the first week of employment.
Purpose/objective of the position:
INTERSOS seeks to contract a professional expert (female) with a broad background and experience in barbering, hair cutting, styling and beauty advises.
The consultants’ main role will be to identify and train girls and women (about 60 beneficiaries in total including women and girls (approximately 10 persons per one month) in the shelter of Erbil and Sulaymaniyah. The training would serve the beneficiaries to develop competencies in styling, applying beauty advises, it will give them tools to be integrated in apprenticeships or jobs in beauty, aesthetics, hairdressing areas with the skills and qualifications necessary to assist professional and may link them later on to open their own business or be an attractive candidate for an established salon or clinic.
BACKGROUND: The rationale behind this consultancy is to train beneficiaries (Refugees, IDPs and host community) to provide them with activities which could support them in finding jobs and creating in demands skills. There will be a division between each group (8 to 10 persons maximum per group).
The aim of this assignment is to improve the overall technical level of the beneficiaries in order to promote the development of a learning environment with necessary beauty tools for job insertion for young adults in particular in those areas of business.
- Prepare and conduct training sessions for beneficiaries according to a prepared plan alternating Beauty and Cosmetics/ Hairdressing/Barber training classes about 2- 3 days per week.
- Specify relevant curriculum to specific age/level groups and provide relevant technical inputs
- Put a list of materials together according to budget allocated for hairdressing/barbershops and cosmetics products and submit ideas during submission of application.
- Ensure the schedule of training fit into the contract and class schedule
- Develop the training plan and material for training the trainers of the beneficiaries.
- Participate to weekly meeting with the team
- Make sure the curriculum is well understood and used by the beneficiaries.
- Supervise survivors in class to improve their pedagogic and skill knowledge.
- Adapt to the local context the methodologies and techniques to they are perfectly understood.
- Proven work experience as a Beautician, Cosmetologistor similar position
- Hands-on experience with makeup and hair removal techniques
- Familiarity with skin care therapies, like moisturizing, exfoliation and peeling
- Knowledge of beauty products and trends
- Ability to provide personalized services based on each client’s requirements
- High school diploma
- Degree in Beauty therapy, Cosmetology or relevant field is a plus
- Preparation of documents during training sessions (attendance sheet, pre- post- test, …. et
Education and professional experience:
- High school diploma
- Degree in Beauty therapy, Cosmetology or relevant field is a plus.
- Previous experience (minimum one year) in similar position with International, national organizations and government authorities is mandatory;
Competencies: (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Confidentiality, respect and non-discriminatory attitude;
- Ability to train people, facilitate trainings and build participants’ knowledge and skills;
- High problem-solving skills and ability to work in team;
- Ability to work in a multicultural context as a flexible and respectful team;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to show empathy;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Fluency in Kurdish and Arabic.
- Address Erbil
- Salary Offer will be discussed in a later stage USD will be discussed in a later stage Month
- How to apply INTERSOS is an equal opportunity employer and reserves the right for everyone to apply to its vacancies without any discrimination. For those interested and who meet the required criteria, please apply below. Kindly note that: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Your resume must be uploaded in PDF format. INTERSOS is reviewing applications on a rolling basis, and we reserve the right to close the vacancy before the mentioned closing date. The preference will be given to qualified candidates from the recruitment area.