Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, humanitarian, non-governmental organisation providing assistance to people in need as a result of natural and man-made disasters, irrespective of race, religion, ideology or politics.
We are seeking to employ a candidate for the following positions:
Place of work: Sinuni – Sinuni General Hospital – Mental Health Department
Deadline for application: 24-04-2021
Main purpose of the job
Providing psychological support to patients according to MSF principles, standards and procedures in order to improve the patients’ mental health
- Carrying out evaluation of mental health needs of patients and establishing a diagnosis and a plan of treatment. Informing the patient and his/her relatives about the possible consequences of the illness and the drug treatment to follow and referring patients to other health professionals whenever necessary, in order to provide the most appropriate treatment and improve the patient’s condition
- Implementing the Sexual Gender Based Violence (SGBV) protocol, identifying possible victims of SGBV and referring them to the medical team so that they receive the necessary treatment.
- Providing psychological support and psychotherapy sessions (individual, family, group) to patients according to MSF protocols in order to improve their mental health conditions
- Assisting and training staff members and resourceful people whenever necessary in order to enhance the scope of MH activities. Working in close collaboration with translators in order to ensure appropriate terminology and behaviour during sessions
- Collecting statistical and monitoring data about mental health activities
- Informing the supervisor and the medical team about any issues or problems that may arise related to patients’ treatment in order to provide the best possible solution from a medical perspective
- Ensuring that all patient information is kept confidential.
- Participating to implement specific plans, procedures, guidelines and protocols regarding the department strategy and supervises the team to follow the same standards, to ensure quality of work in specific areas.
- Collecting statistical and monitoring data in area of specialization (files, forms, statistics, data base, documents, etc.), undertake analysis as appropriate, and ensuring regular and detailed reporting of results, proceedings, and problematic situations
- Organizing training for other staff
Specific requirements for the role:
Female candidates only
- Essential master degree in Psychology and psychotherapy
Experience and Hard Skills :
- Desirable 2 years’ experience as a Psychologist
- Desirable experience in a psychiatric department
- Desirable experience in training
– Desirable previous experience with MSF or other NGO’s in developing countries
– Desirable computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
Languages: Essential Kurdish, Arabic and English
- Team work and flexibility
- Interpersonal skills
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Commitment to MSF Principles
- Stress Management
What we offer:
- Legal contract and pay in accordance with MSF Salary Grid, L7, for Non DOH Staff
- Applicants under DoH contract will be remunerated in accordance to the Incentive grid
- The chance to gain professional development and to develop (career path, training, etc.) within the organisation.
- The opportunity to contribute to our objective of saving lives, alleviating suffering and working with those most in need.
- Address Sinuni
- Salary Offer MSF Salary Grid, L7, for Non DOH Staff / DoH contract will be remunerated in accordance to the Incentive grid
- How to apply • Interested candidates are invited to submit their complete application file (CV + motivation letter + references + ID card) in the CV box at the entrance of the Sinuni General Hospital or in MSFCH Sinuni CV box. or by email [email protected] Please indicate “FEMALE PSYCHOLOGIST” on the envelope or as email subject. We recommend all applicants to write a cover letter containing an introduction of yourself, explaining why you are applying for the position, and explaining why you think you are suitable for the position. ENGLISH CV ONLY Only suitable candidates will be contacted. Your application will not be returned to you at any stage of the recruitment process. We may take down this vacancy in case we’ve reached the required number of applications