WRS Kurdistan are looking for Local candidates to work as Fiber Optic Network Designer for a technology company in Erbil.
The Fiber Optics Designer is to offer technical assistance in drawing production work such as analysis, fiber optic network design, topology layout, fiber splice plans, cable duct and routing, and calculations on non-routine assignments of substantial variety and complexity. The designer should take charge of different types of fiber optics and put to practice company, client, project design, and drafting standards.
- The Fiber Optic Network Designer is responsible for conducting fiber optic detailed network design for the middle mile and last mile fiber-based networks.
- Understanding project specifications and developing time schedules and budgets that meet them.
- Experience different levels of implementation of optical network and the cost aspect.
- Visual network target points to consider when designing an optical network plan.
- Differentiate between different types of optical cable based on the functionalities.
- Plan and design a fiber OSP, including the rerouting and implementation.
- preform essential steps in planning the OSP installation various deployment methods which will be helpful in the installation lay the fiber cable in an efficient and safe ways.
- Carry out a site survey systematically and effectively documentation.
- Calculation of the quality of the project implementation method feasibility of carrying out the work according to the planning with considering geographical naturality.
- Create and maintain accurate network documentation and diagrams.
- Proactively assess the environment and bring forward solutions to increase network resiliency.
- Capacity planning, network design, network device maintenance, and implementation.
- Follow up on daily tasks, work order.
- BSc in Telecommunication Engineering or relevant field.
- Deep knowledge of using tools such as OTDRs,
- In-depth understanding of Optical transmission power levels, OSNR, and the effects of fiber impairments such as Chromatic dispersion.
- 3 to 4 years of experience in a similar role in telecommunication.
- Able to demonstrate the ability to undertake the above responsibilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work independently and as part of an effective team.
- Language knowledge in Kurdish, Arabic and English.