View more 2 days ago
This position will lead a small crew of 3 Fiber Laying Technicians, working together using PPE to perform installation of different size or type of fiber optic cable into a ducts using cable blowing machine or fish tape pulling rod, in an efficient way that ensure the installed cable is without damage.
- Enforce the relevant safety rules and use of PPE safety equipment for all staff at jobsite.
- Conduct site surveys as required.
- Read and checking technical fiber designs and drawings to ensure that they are followed correctly.
- Ensuring all required materials for installation and maintenance are properly checked out from Inventory
- Perform installation of Fiber Optic Cable via fiber Blowing Machine and Fish tape pulling Rod efficiently
- Write Daily Progress Report before leaving jobsite, using paper format or automated ERP system.
- Maintaining and cleaning equipment and machines on a daily basis.
- Using construction equipment on site as needed to perform various job-related tasks.
- Inform his team leader by Fiber Cable damage immediately, or any event that will cause a task stopping, at same time he fixes all such a failure.
- Assist in equipment and material transportation.
- Keeping work areas clean before; during and after job completion.
- Perform all other duties assigned by Manager or Team Leader.
- BSc. in Civil, Electrical, Mechanical or Telecom Engineering or related.
Years of Experience:
A minimum of 1 Year experience in the technical field.
- Knowledge working on network equipment in an ISP environment.
- Basic knowledge in Quality Standards & ITIL.
- Understanding and basic command of CAD tools, reading work prints, network designs, fault diagnosis tools, communication systems and tools, catalogues, training material
- Good Command of English and Arabic- Written and Spoken.
- Good Command of Microsoft Office (MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint).