Ankawa Humanitarian Committee (AHC) is a local, non-governmental, faith-based Organization established in February 2020, directed towards the fundamental challenges of humanitarian and development work facing our long-suffering communities.
AHC is guided by its core values of Humanity, Service, and Mercy to reach its vision of building a community where every citizen can live and worship freely and safely, prosper economically, have full access to education, and participate fully and responsibly in their country’s life.
Under the supervision of the Project Assistant Coordinator, The Field Assistant will be nominated and will work with AHC to support the project’s team in implementing all activities, in line with AHC program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices. More specifically, the candidate will assist project implementation by working directly with community members, coordinating various project activities and events as per the implementation plan.
- Debriefs with Project Assistant Coordinator on challenges faced, project implementation status, and lessons learned after each project activity.
- Accept new responsibilities when assigned by the Assistant Coordinator.
- Support Assistant Project Coordinator in planning and delivering project activities, and other responsibilities.
- Participate in coordination meetings required according to the MEAL plan.
- Participate in data collection, data entry, and data analysis.
- Assist in planning and implementing different program activities.
- Ensure project activities are conducted in full respect to the humanitarian principles, in an organized and dignified way.
- Participate in MEAL activities including but not limited to; exit surveys, PDM, baseline/end line survey, and others.
- Perform other duties and activities as directed by the line manager and all other tasks and responsibilities assigned for the benefit and support of AHC and its mission.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- At least one year of professional work experience in a related discipline.
- Experience in community work and/or experience in project implementation, preferably with an NGO.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages, in particular Excel and Word. Hands-on experience with data entry into online databases and forms.
- Willingness and ability to perform fieldwork.
- Demonstrated skills in planning, organizing, analyzing, and reporting.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to learn quickly, take initiative, and be accountable for results.
- Have the ability to understand the larger picture while remaining focused on the details.
- Have the ability to work with diverse groups of people and a diverse team of individuals in a highly intense and fluid work environment.
- Being able to implement multi-tasks, prioritize, solve problems, and simultaneous attention to detail and strategic vision are essential.
Required Languages: English, Arabic, Kurdish
Travel Required: (25% of the time are expected in assigned field locations).
AHC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- How to apply [email protected] Please indicate the job title of the position that you apply to.