We are International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a global consulting firm supporting some of the most complex development problems worldwide. Are you interested in being part of programs that help government agencies, private companies and donors improve the lives of others? At IBTCI you will be part of an inclusive team that provides expert solutions and advice to understand and advance critical problems while giving you opportunities to succeed and grow.
Overview: International Business & Technical Employees, Inc. (IBTCI) is seeking two experienced, full-time Iraqi Field Coordinators for the Iraq Monitoring and Evaluation Project (IMEP), which is working across Iraq. The program conducts monitoring & verification site visits to select activities funded by USAID to collect, analyze and report data to help increase both USAID and its partners’ understanding of the outputs, outcomes, progress, challenges, successes and lessons learned of selected projects.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Monitor data collection by TPM partners, on site or remotely
- Train data collection staff
- Assure quality of collected data through call backs to respondents; review of transcripts, audio-recordings, completed checklists, and meta-data; and other QA/QC methods as tasked by the DCOP
- Verify that data are collected per IBTCI data collection instruments and protocols
- Ensure accurate data is submitted on time and according to requirements
- Report any concerns related to data quality or integrity to the DCOP
- Other tasks as directed by the Deputy Chief of Party/M&E Specialist
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least three (3) years of relevant experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, analytic skills, interpersonal skills, and team work skills.
- He/she must be an Iraqi National
- Written and spoken English and Arabic fluency
- Knowledge of Kurdish for Erbil position is desirable but not a requirement
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to interact with public, private, and civil society female and male leaders and groups concerning data collection and surveying for project verification and monitoring
- Significant experience in the humanitarian, transition, or development field, including extensive use and application of qualitative inquiry methods and results
- He/she must have previous experience working in Iraq
Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Previous experience with third party monitoring
- He/she ideally, he/she has previous experience working with gender-sensitive planning/programming or implementation
- He/she is familiar with gender issues in humanitarian action, and/or protection mainstreaming best practices e.g. related Sexual or Gender-Based Violence (SGBV); Gender-Responsive Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH)
Working Environment: : Work is typically performed at the field level, with additional tasks as needed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: TThe work requested does not involve undue physical demands. However, the position requires the ability to travel by car within Iraqi governorates, and it requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: Travel within Iraqi governorates may be required. This may include visits to Internally Displaced Persons and Refugee camps. Position sometimes requires travel to remote activity sites, so candidate must be comfortable traveling long distances in a car (with a designated driver).
Work Authorization: Candidate must be authorized to work in Iraq.
IBTCI has been in business since 1987. We specialize in Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL), Institutional Support (IS), Financial & Risk Management (FRM), Supply Chain Management and Procurement (SCMP); Social & Behavior Change (SBC) and Capacity Building. We provide these services across many sectors including, but not limited to, agriculture, resilience & food security, conflict & crisis, democracy & governance, economic growth & trade, education, energy & Infrastructure, environment & climate change, global health & WASH and humanitarian and disaster assistance.
Are you looking for a company that offers worthwhile opportunities for your professional growth? At IBTCI, our colleagues are encouraged to collaborate and be part of the solution while getting the tools and guidance needed to grow and support our clients’ missions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identification, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact the Talent Acquisition team at [email protected]