Position: Field Coordinator
Report to: Project Manager
Purpose /Objectives of the position:
The Field Coordinator is responsible for coordinating, consolidating, and ensuring smooth implementation of the project and operations’ activities and adherence to the logistic, human resource, administration and security procedures.
- Oversee the running of the 4 camps and 1 Mobile Teams, including management of the education staff, support staff and coordination with the program staff at the central office level;
- Ensure that INTERSOS procedures and the Donor regulations applicable to the project with regards to program, logistics, security, HR and administration are fulfilled;
- Establish mechanism to improve effectiveness and efficiency of the field activities and ensure coordination and info sharing among the project components and stakeholders;
- Facilitating and supervise implementation of informal activities, catch-up classes, recreational activities, Awareness sessions and trainings.
- Organizing trainings, workshops and awareness raise campaigns on Education in coordination with the Education Manager.
- Developing and supervising need assessment activities related to education in coordination with partners, coordinating team made by PSS worker, case workar and Community mobilizer.
- Assist the Education Manager, in close cooperation with the International Finance Assistant and national Logistics Officer, with the planning, authorization and reporting of the expenses at field level;
- Supervise, gather and deliver the financial requests from the Teams, ensuring transparency of the procedures and cost-effectiveness for the goods and the services received;
- Regularly assess field staff performance, needs and eventual gaps during project implementation and under the supervision of the Education Manager facilitate corrective measures and propose eventual new interventions;
- Supervise data collection, verify source of information and prepare timely and accurate Project Progress Reports as required;
- Represent the organization at general coordination working groups and clusters with donors, humanitarian actors and local authorities, when requested;
- Liaise with local/national authorities and other actors as needed to facilitate achievement of project objectives;
- Liaising with teachers and learners to assess the quality of the education services provided.
- Able to translate documents from to Arabic and/or English and act as translator in meetings and discussions as needed;
- Managing of incentive for staff: transfer, payment … etc.
- Perform any other task not here listed and necessary for the implementation of the project activities or the mission program as requested by the Education Manager or Education Coordinator.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Minimum two years professional experience in the education sector in role of coordination;
- Proven ability to work as team leader;
- Demonstrated commitment to humanitarian principles;
- Strong understanding of the situation of protection context in Ninewa governorate.
- Strong organizational and managerial skills
- Strong Arabic skills, written and spoken. Good English skills, written and spoken
- Strong report writing skills
- IT knowledge and skills.
- Commitment to and understanding of INTERSOS’s aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches Application Process.
- Address Ninewa
- How to apply For application, please click on "APPLY NOW". Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Your resume must be uploaded in PDF format. INTERSOS is reviewing application on a rolling basis, the vacancy might be filled before the closing date