L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Code: AS20201805-45668
Job Location: Balad, Iraq
Perform a variety of duties in the electronic, mechanical, electromechanical, or optical areas in support of F16 Flight Trainers located at Balad, Iraq.
- Install, maintain, repair, calibrate and test flight simulators, and other support equipment
- Install changes and updates to simulators and support equipment as required
- Perform required readiness checks on flight simulation equipment and instruments
- Conduct and document preventative maintenance checks required for simulator and support equipment
- Troubleshoot, repair, and document malfunctions of simulators and support equipment
- Remove and replace faulty equipment and complete maintenance data collection records
- Assist with installation and check-out of simulator and support equipment modifications
- Assist with general field site facility activities as required
- Work from engineering drawings and written or verbal instructions
- Apply comprehensive knowledge to solve complex problems by interpreting manufacturers’ manuals or similar documents
- Perform other related duties as required by the supervisor or site manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree or a two-year electronic technician resident course at an accredited technical institute and/or military technical training and equivalent electronics maintenance experience on equipment of similar complexity.
- Must have at least 6 years’ electronic maintenance experience and have demonstrated competence by satisfactory progressive performance in electronic maintenance on simulation systems of comparable complexity to those supported on this program.
- This position requires experience in large-scale integrated multi-computer systems, video generation and display systems, large-scale complex digital interfaces, high density cable/plug repair, software maintenance, and comprehensive troubleshooting and repair of general training device peripheral systems.
- This is an overseas Field Service position and may require travel to other overseas locations.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Requires Current Secret Clearance with a reinvestigation date within the last five years
- Security + /Comp TiA Certification