This position is responsible for offering technical guidance and support to field technical teams ensuring all specifications of technologies, maintenance details are communicated and understood fully by the field maintenance teams. This position is also a field position handling resolution of complex technical problems assisting the Expert technician in finalizing solutions to the issues in the field.
Key Duties :
- Assist in choosing materials, equipment and properties to perform mechanical analyses and repair.
- Understanding of applied mechanics, mechanical & Construction testing, and optical transmission to provide technical teams with diagnosis and assistance handling complex technical problems.
- Provide support to maintenance contractor teams regarding infrastructure maintenance industry standards.
- Serve as primary on-site technical adviser during maintenance assignment as needed.
- Coordinate across teams and third parties to ensure we maintain the quality standards.
- Ensure vendor delivery occurs where, what, when, and how assets are delivered.
- Interpret and fully understand detailed engineering drawings modification and removal of equipment, switching equipment, power systems, cable racks, supporting AC power, and wireless system cell site components and new emerging technologies.
- Providing technical support for Cable Placement -Terminations and Splicing – Optical fiber and copper.
- Knowledge of types of monitoring systems and the ability to implement them.
- Demonstrate ability to diagnose and solve problems.
- Perform preventive maintenance work to keep equipment in peak operating condition.
- Use precision testing equipment to perform preventive maintenance activities.
- Perform servicing, testing, inspections and repairs on a variety of equipment including, electrical equipment, blowers, ….etc.
- Maintains accurate records of maintenance activities.
- Assist in site selecting for re-arranging taking in considerations its importance.
- Inform about any bad installation is previously done on site.
- Site acceptance for all new deployed locations as per specs implemented by technical department.
- Prepare all work sheet related to technician work.
- Coordinate with the monitoring sections to achieve better team performance & time solving.
- Troubleshooting of Network Failure and Outage.
- Available in 24×7 on-call in any urgent case.
- Perform mechanical and/or fusion splicing of fiber optic cable as required
- Maintain accurate records including time worked, daily logs, gasoil sheets, as required; properly record all required information on data devices and/or work orders…etc.
- Support continuity including natural disaster readiness and disaster recovery efforts.
- Maintain inventories of test equipment and transmitters.
- Maintain EMS and access control systems.
- Follow up manager instruction in developing site working environments.
- Collect the daily report of QC team.
Fiber Maintenance :
- Responsible to apply the maintenance contract clauses on the contractor and raise a problem report if there is any infraction.
- Make sure that all FOC cut repaired probably regarding to power loss and civil work.
- Follow up contractor patrolling teams and take the required action if there is any risk on the cable.
- Executing inspections to make sure that the fiber optic systems do not have faults that could destabilize performance.
- Supervision on contractor work regarding FOC repair and send report about the splicing quality and civil work.
- Performing premises cabling and running fiber optic cables underground and Arial.
- Measure the optical signal strength to ensure adequate performance.
- Handle all FOC periodical testing to ensure adequate performance
- BSc. in Computer, Electrical, Mechanical, Civil or Telecom Engineering or related.
- 1-3 years’ experience in Engineering, ISP or Telecom Maintenance Role.
- Good Command of English and Arabic- Written and Spoken.
- Good Command of Microsoft Office (MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent interpersonal skills; a team player who generates enthusiasm and builds effective working relationships.
- Good planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work.
- Self-motivated, hands-on critical thinker and problem solver.
- Willingness and ability to quickly learn complex concepts.
- Knowledge working on network equipment in an ISP environment.
- Basic knowledge in Quality Standards & ITIL.
- Basic Knowledge in Fixed and wireless telecommunications industry.
- Basic knowledge or experience with telecom/network equipment, routers, IP switches,