- Salary: Competitive
- Location: Dahuk
- Job type: Permanent
Contract Type: Permanent
Working Schedule: 2 weeks on / 2 weeks off.
Support the Baeshiqa Field Security Superintendent (FSS) and acting as his deployed assistant, carry out all the security responsibilities of an operational site. His daily responsibilities will be to ensure that the security and integrity of the site is maintained at all times by careful liaison with the Oil Police Force (OPF).
- Liaise daily with the FSS, OPF resident commander and Field manager/company man.
- Administrate the OPF camps by ensuring that life support is being provided on site. This includes fleet management, provision of water, emptying of the septic tanks and fuel supply for generators.
- Submit defect reports to the FSS and onsite Maintenance Tech, highlight any damage that has accrued to any of the OPF facilities.
- Conduct site security patrols checking fence lines, perimeter lighting, gates, OPF positions and all access control positions
- Under the direction of the FSS, deliver on site training (search techniques) to the OPF as required.
- Conduct bi weekly site security muster drills.
- Facilitate and coordinate any deliveries for the site. Maintain communications with the Drilling site superintendent & the OPF command element.
- Attend site superintendent production meeting in the absence of the FSS.
- Maintain a daily log of all activities and submit a daily report to the FSS.
- Deliver a national dialect (Kurdish) site security brief to company new joiners and site visitors.
- Liaise with the on-site HSE representative where appropriate, and adhere to all HSE policies/procedures.
- Assist the FSS during the evacuation of staff from site in the event of a security emergency.
- Plan and exercise site evacuation drills periodically.
- Report any local community issues that could hinder site operations to the FSS.
- Prepare suitable HO/TO notes at the end of a rotation.
- Facilitate new arrivals to the site and advise on ID card issue.
- Conduct site security checks throughout the Baeshiqa site and ensure that all well locations are secure.
- Assist the FSS with the development of site security infrastructure to enhance overall site security.
- Assist the FSS with Work Requests.
- Direct supervision of access controllers.
- Minimum 3 years credible prior experience in a very similar security based role.
- Minimum 3 years in oil and gas related security role in challenging security environments.
- Minimum 3 years in an evidenced supervisory/leadership security role.
- Native Kurdish, excellent spoken and written English. Arabic is a plus.
- Good ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel and Word).
- Good intercommunication skills with other government agencies.
- Hold a valid driving license and prove that they are competent and safe at driving.
- Security experience essential.
- O&G knowledge essential.