Why the American University of Iraq – Baghdad?
Opening its doors in 2021, the new American University of Iraq – Baghdad (AUIB) began as a dream of influential individuals in Iraqi and the United States business, industry and government who want to see a world-class institution of higher learning established in the city, reminiscent of the days when Baghdad was an educational mecca and flourishing capital of the Muslim world. With a great library, palatial college buildings and student centers, state-of-the-art classrooms, laboratories, and athletic facilities, AUIB will be a beautiful campus attracting students, faculty, and staff from throughout the world. We invite you to join us in this exciting new venture.
We invite applications and nominations for a position of:
Field Support Engineer
This position will report directly to the Associate Director of IT
AUIB is looking for a Field support engineer to deliver the desired efficient service experience. The goal is to drive service success that improves staff, faculty and student satisfaction, maximizes efficiency and increases work environment stability.
- Provide service and customer support during field visits or dispatches.
- Tie workflow to schedule.
- Manage all on-site installation, repair, maintenance and test tasks.
- Diagnose errors or technical problems and determine proper solutions.
- Produce timely and detailed service reports.
- Process Documentation.
- Operate vehicle in a safely manner and use field automation systems.
- Comply with the University’s procedures and policies.
- Cooperate with technical team and share information across the organization.
- Comprehend end-user requirements, make appropriate recommendations/briefings and Build positive relationships with end-user.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or Computer Science or other relevant field.
- Specialized training, certification and equivalent work experience.
- Arabic and English fluency.
- Proven field service experience.
- Ability to troubleshoot, test, repair and service technical equipment.
- Ability to work with flexible shifts and adapt with different schedules.
- Familiarity with mobile tools and applications.
- 3 years’ work experience with related technologies.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Patient and professional demeanor, with a can-do attitude.
Applications should include a cover letter addressing the requirements of the position, a curriculum vita, cover letter, formal photo and contact information for three (3) professional references. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Confidential review of materials and screening of candidates will begin immediately.
Please send your application and supporting documents to the following email address: [email protected]