Background & Scope
CLIC is a consulting firm headquartered in Ottawa, Canada. It is managed by a team of professionals with varying skills and sectoral expertise. CLIC is managing projects in Iraq, Jordan, Mozambique, Tunisia, Morocco, Jordan, Eastern Caribbean and Mongolia. We have implemented projects in South Sudan, Kenya, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Tunisia, Jordan and several other countries. Our clients include the Government of Canada, the Government of Iraq, GIZ, the World Bank, national governments, the United Nations and other multilateral and bilateral agencies and international organizations.
CLIC is seeking an experienced and highly competent Finance & Administrative Officer to join our team in Iraq Office. The successful candidate will play a crucial role in supporting the administration and financial operations of our company while possessing a solid understanding of Iraqi Social Security and taxation laws. This position offers an opportunity to work in a dynamic and challenging environment, contributing to the growth and success of our company.
Financial Records Management:
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date financial records in QuickBooks, including accounts payable and receivable.
- Prepare financial reports, statements, and project budgets including BVAs.
- Assist in preparing budgets for proposal/bids to be submitted.
- Prepare weekly cashflow for Iraq including forecast.
- Maintain organized invoices and receipts to facilitate smooth audits and financial analysis.
Social Security and Tax Compliance:
- Ensure compliance with all relevant Social Security and Tax laws and regulations in Iraq. This includes accurate and timely preparation of tax returns and related documentation.
Banking and Payments:
- Handle banking transactions, including processing payments and deposits.
- Prepare checks and bank letters upon request and approval.
- Prepare monthly cash and bank reconciliation and resolve any discrepancies.
- Management and reconciliation of the Petty Cash.
- Assist in procurement activities, including vendor management, purchase orders, and invoice processing.
- Support general office operations, including managing office supplies, equipment, and maintenance.
- Coordinate with the Logistics Officer on travel arrangements and accommodation for staff as needed for budgeting purposes.
- Coordinate with the Programme team in Iraq for any project related requests such as Advance and/or payment requests.
- Liaise with other departments and team members to gather relevant financial data and ensure smooth communication flows.
- Collaborate with the HQ Financial Analyst on payroll-related matters.
- Maintain personnel records in coordination with HQ Financial Analyst.
Compliance and Regulatory:
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws, regulations, and internal policies.
- Assist in preparing documentation for audits.
- Assist in data collection, analysis, and reporting for financial and administrative purposes.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or a related field.
- At Least two years of experience as Finance and Administration Officer or similar role.
- Knowledge of Iraqi taxation laws and regulations is essential.
- Strong proficiency in financial and accounting software.
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills.
- Highly organized with keen attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Strong communication skills in both English and Arabic (written and spoken).
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Additional certifications in finance or accounting will be a plus.
- Previous experience working with international companies or NGOs is advantageous.
- Address Baghdad