The purpose of the finance officer position is to implement day to day support functions and implementation of the NRC finance policies and procedures.
1. Role and responsibilities
- Support and Implement NRC’s systems and procedures at the area level
- Support the adherence to NRC policies, handbooks, guidelines, and donor requirements
- Ensure proper filing of all support documents
- Support line supervisors in procedures and require support team training
- Support the supervisor for the Management of Area offices financial team
- Support the management to Implement the anti-corruption policy
- Lead Cash and Bank management of the area office, including the cash forecasting.
- Management of the bank account of Area office. And making the forecast for the projected data.
- Make sure that financial internal controls are in place while the banking and cash system is working.
- Post the entries on daily basis to Agresso. Make sure that Data has proper correct codes and as per the project documents.
- Prepare the regular Agresso Bank reconciliations for all the balance sheet items.
- Ensure proper close of the projects and year end closure.
- Enter the Agresso rebooking, and keeping proper record of it.
- Devise a system so that all the vouchers are safely preserved.
- Train the staff on the Agresso and other financial tools.
- Verify the purchase requests and payment requests
- Download the BvA monthly basis and share with the relevant staff
- Prepare the Project BVAs and do any rebooking, with the supporting documents
- Support drafting of new budgets. Check the Agresso for any reclassification.
- Develop, Implement and maintain effective office administrative systems and procedures whilst ensuring that controls are monitored and reinforced.
- Responsible for applications and renewals of licenses with the relevant government authorities.
- Process leases for the office and guest houses and follows up on renewal and termination of the leases.
- Ensure office supplies and stationery are bought and keep a record for their inventory.
- Ensure all payments of utility bills for office and guest houses; water, electricity, and security are processed on time.
- Assist Support Manager in Administration related issues
- Any other tasks as requested by the Support Manager.
2. Our Ideal Candidate
- University degree in equivalent fields
- Knowledge & experience of working in Agresso accounting system
- 2 years’ work experience from working as a Finance Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context will be preferred.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Fluency of English and Arabic is required
3. Other Information
Contract Duration: 6 months
Duty Station: Basra- Iraq
Health Insurance is provided
Salary: G5/S1, According to NRC’s Iraq salary scale and terms and conditions.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
NRC is an equal opportunity employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality, and physical ability.
For more information please read the Job Description
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks.