Management Systems International (MSI), a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area management consultancy with a 40-year history of delivering results for our clients. Our expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation; democracy and governance; peace and stability; rule of law and accountability; education; gender and inclusion; strategic communications; and leadership and organizational development. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Colombia, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Syria and Ukraine, and works domestically. We support clients ranging from the U.S. Government (e.g., the U.S. Agency for International Development, U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Departments of State and Labor, and the Millennium Challenge Corporation) to large bilateral and multilateral donors (e.g., the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program). We also work with national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
Under the Performance Management and Evaluation Services (PMES) contract, MSI provides USAID/Iraq with utilization-driven support in the areas of project/activity monitoring, evaluation, research, organizational learning, and knowledge management. The primary goal of the contract is to improve performance management at all levels to help the Mission meet Agency requirements, make better informed strategic and management decisions, and advance USAID learning on effective development approaches. The project involves services across four components: 1) Performance Management, 2) Evaluation Services, 3) M&E Capacity Building, and 4) Collaboration, Learning and Adapting.
**Please note: Only Iraqi citizens are eligible for this position.**
The Finance and Admin Assistant will assist the PMES Financial and Administrative Manager (FAM) with financial management, processing payments, bookkeeping, and petty cash. This is a part-time position based in Erbil for two days per week.
- Prepare the vouchers and ensure all required and proper supporting documents are attached with vouchers before the payments.
- Enter financial data in QuickBooks and ensure financial records are kept up to date with the latest transactions and changes.
- Document and report financial transactions, including the preparation of monthly financial expense reports.
- Assist with monthly personal income tax and social security reporting and payments in Federal Iraq, and proper filing with tax offices as needed.
- Support personal income tax quarterly reports, payments, and filing annual tax reports in Kurdistan region.
- Help to ensure implementation of MSI’s finance, administrative and procurement policies, and procedures, under the direction of the FAM.
- Ensure all PMES bills are paid on time.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration or related field required.
- Minimum two years’ experience in managing finance, procurement, contracts, logistics, and human resources matters on donor-funded projects required.
- Familiarity with Government of Iraq financial system requirements, employment laws, tax withholding requirements, and generally accepted accounting principles required.
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks accounting software required.
- Strong knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook required.
- Strong organizational and attention to detail skills required.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and adapt to change required.
- Ability to work well individually and within a team required.
- Working proficiency in Arabic and Kurdish and good working level of written and spoken English required.
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We strive to develop and maintain a culture that honors the perspectives and identities of our employees, our communities and those impacted by our work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
MSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans Employer.
MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please visit Tetra Tech’s Disability Assistance Page. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Tetra Tech complies with all EEO and Anti-Discrimination legislation in all jurisdictions in which we operate. Equal Opportunity Employment Poster, Equal Opportunity Supplemental Poster, Pay Transparency Notice
Tetra Tech participates in the E-Verify program: E-Verify Poster, Right to Work Poster