Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title : Finance Assistant
Organizational Unit : Resource Management Division
Duty Station : Erbil – Iraq (2 Positions)
Classification : General Service Staff, Grade G4
Type of Appointment : Special Short Term contract (SST)
Duration of Appointment : Six (6) months with possibility of extension
Closing Date : 26th March, 2023
Reference Code : SVN2023/IRQ/056
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Aapplications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged as well as the Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the general guidance of chief of Mission (COM)/DCoM, and the overall supervision of Head of Resources Management, direct supervision of the Resources Management Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for the following
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- 1. Assist in accurate financial tracking and record keeping of the daily projects financial activities.
- 2. Assist in maintaining financial reporting system for the ongoing projects so that project grant commitments and grant expenditures are tracked according to IOM standards.
- 3. Assist in processing grant administration (agreements, amendments and payments), track payments released to IOM implementing partners; certify and process all grant payment vouchers according to IOM procedures.
- 4. Maintain files and records for financial procedures and correspondences with program officers.
- 5. Liaise and work with program officers and program assistants to enhance project performance regarding administrative and financial matters.
- 6. Assist in following up on advances and settlements for payments issued while maintaining timely records and up to date entrie
- 7. Assist in reconciliation for funds vs. expenditures for proper fund closure and overall financial tracking/reporti
- 8. Assist in reviewing final financial reports and correspondences with implementing partners’ finance departments to ensure that all necessary documentation is provided in accordance with IOM financial reporting guidelines.
- 9. Perform other such related duties as may be assigned.
- 10. Other related duties as required
- University degree in Business Administration, Finance and/or Accounting or in a related filed from accredited academic institution with 2 years of relevant professional experience
- Completed High School degree from accredited academic institution with 4 years relevant professional experience.
- Flexibility, motivation, and commitment with the job as well as to work in team
- Computer skills in Word, Excel and Access. Languages
- Fluency in English, Kurdish and Arabic are required;
- Any other language is and advantage.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
IOM IN/234 – Policy and Procedures for Preventing and Responding to Sexual Exploitation and Abuse IOM has a policy of zero tolerance of sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA) by IOM staff members and the employees or any other persons engaged and controlled by IOM Contractors. The staff members and all contract type holders shall protect against and prevent sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA).
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
While this vacancy is open to both Internals and Externals, priority shall be given to qualified Internal applicants.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via a link:
For an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 12.03.2023 to 26.03.2023