Oxfam is a global community who believe poverty isn’t inevitable. It’s an injustice that can be overcome. We are shop volunteers, women’s right activists, marathon runners, aid workers, coffee farmers, street fundraisers, goat herders, policy experts, campaigners, water engineers and more. And we won’t stop until everyone can live life without poverty for good.
Oxfam GB is a member of the international confederation Oxfam.
Kirkuk Programme started on 2015 responding to humanitarian needs of displaced population as a result of the war against ISIS. The programme implemented multi-sct delivering water supply, sanitation and hygiene support, livelihoods support, and gender and protection.
The Kalar programme is headed by the Programme Manager, managing the teams of WASH, EFSVL, Protection, Gender, HR, Logistics and Finance.
The WASH Team Leader will directly report to the Programme Manager and will work in collaboration with the EFSVL, Gender and Protection teams as well as for support from the HR, Logistics and Finance.
In line with Oxfam’s Country Operational Planrenders support/ the realization of the over-all goals of the Program by keeping accurate and timely financial records that track the programmer’s receipts, expenditures, cash flow and in partners’ financial management monitoring and administrative work of the Program.
|As per OXFAM Salary Scale|
|Contract type:||Fixed Term|
Hours of work:
| 40 Hours Per Week
|Northeast Area Finance Officer|
to this post:
for the post:
|Screening checks:||All successful candidates will be screened through Refinitiv World-Check One to comply with counter terrorism and financial sanctions regulations.
|References:||Should you be successful and not already employed by Oxfam GB, we will require minimum of two references covering five years of employment history.|
(for roles based in the UK):
It is a requirement in the UK for a new DBS check at enhanced level for every new member of staff who works directly with, or has regular contact with, children or vulnerable adults in the UK (consistent with DBS guidance and relevant law).
- Check and ensure that all transactions are properly coded before uploading in the PS.
- Prepares Cash/Cheque Voucher for IQD requests, verifies request for cash payments and ensure that all claims and receipts are properly supported, authorized, paid on time, and recorded in the cash books.
- Ensures that all vouchers carry the appropriate budget codes, approval level, and supporting documentation.
- Endorses accuracy and completeness of liquidation reports by staff and similar transactions.
- Prepares daily/weekly and monthly cash reconciliation and monthly bank reconciliation.
- Maintains/Updates the Float, Accounts Receivables, Prepayments Ledgers and reconciles every month-end.
- Coordinate with HR on staff payroll and check staff salaries calculation and budget codes and gets pay slips ready and signed every 27th day of the month.
- Monitors 1-2 Partners as to their spending against the approved budget and ensures that partners are following the donors/Oxfam’s financial and logistical requirements.
- To assist the Finance Officer/Manager with partner financial assessments and capacity building on financial procedures and control
- Ensures that all assets of the Guesthouses are accounted for and closely coordinates with the logistics on updating the Assets Register/Inventory of Assets.
- Ensures that all files/documents are files/archived/secured in a regular/timely manner.
- Shall go to the field with program staff for on-site visits and spending verifications.
- Do other tasks as assigned and agreed with her/his line manager.
Your commitment to Oxfam
- Required to adhere to Oxfam’s principles and values as well as the promotion of gender justice and women’s rights
- Understanding of and commitment to adhere to equity, diversity, gender, child safety and staff health and wellbeing principles
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Graduate of Bachelor of Science in Accountancy, or equivalent course
- At least 3 years of bookkeeping experience with intermediate knowledge of accounting practice and principles
- More than satisfactory numeracy skills, and a good knowledge of computerized finance and information systems and procedures (Windows, Word, Excel, PPT, Internet, and email)
- Demonstrated commitment to gender equality and diversity.
- Computer-literate, highly adept in computer programs and applications related to job demands.
- A team worker; at the same time, an independent self-starter
- Ability to work with minimum supervision combined with the ability to work as part of a multi-cultural team.
- Excellent English, Arabic and Kurdish, oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to travel frequently, sometimes to remote areas.
- Salary Offer As per Oxfam Salary Scale USD As per Oxfam Salary Scale Month
- How to apply As part of your online application, please upload your up-to-date CV and Cover Letter explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile. Deadline: 28th August 2023. Kindly note that the selection process will be on a rolling basis. Oxfam reserves the right to recruit a suitable candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.
- Job Reference Finance Assistant - Northeast INT9835