- Implement NRC’s systems and procedures
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies, handbooks, guidelines and donor requirements
- Prepare and submit reports and analysis
- Ensure proper filing of all support documents
- Support line manager in procedures and require support team trainings
- Ensure that the accounting, monitoring and reporting are according to procedures
- Support project staff in financial matters
- Maintain budget control and monitor cash flow
- Ensure that all required NRC and donor financial management policies, systems, procedures and standard forms are in place to enable adherence to the generally accepted accounting practices and standards.
- Carry out overall coordination and verification of all payment vouchers/other documents related to the AMAL project.
- Be the focal person for all external audits and verification exercises of the project.
- Ensure that all procurements, payments and other transactions are in line with donor financial guidelines, rules and regulations for procurement, accounting and reporting
- Maintain an overview of overall budget control and monitor cash flows including initiate payment requests to the donor.
- Be the focal point for the overall budget management including new budget preparations, modifications and regular monitoring of project spending.
- Assist project staff in preparation of spending plans and regular update of spending plans inline with actual spending.
- Prepare monthly financial reports and budget analysis (Budget vs Actuals, Spending Plan vs Actuals, Trend Analysis) in coordination with area office financial focal points.
- Lead monthly BVA review meetings with CO and AO focal points.
- Prepare donor financial reports in collaboration with the Project Lead as required by the donor and the management.
- Coordinate with logistic and other relevant departments to ensure all project payments are processed the closed during the financial closure and reporting periods.
- Attend the major Procurement/Bidding Committee meetings related to the project.
- Undertake any other responsibility related to financial and grant management issues assigned by the line manager.
Contract Duration: 1 year
Duty Station: Erbil- Iraq
Health Insurance is provided
Salary: G7/S1, According to NRC’s Iraq salary scale and terms and conditions.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
NRC is an equal opportunity employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality, and physical ability.
For more information please read the Job Description
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks.