CHF Internationals’ Office of Humanitarian Assistance (OHA) has developed a strategy for the organization’s response to the Syria crisis, anchored in a field presence. Specifically, OHA is commencing responding directly in Syria, intensifying CHF’s assistance to Syrian IDP’s. This will be done through an approach to programming where projects will be focused on the sustainability rather than relief delivery.
CHF is a fully registered organization in Iraq and Syria and is currently building its humanitarian response professionals in Iraq and Syria. CHF intends to hire a full-time Finance Coordinator for a multi-year USAID funded project “Growing Agriculture and Incomes in Syria (GROW) Activity” in Northeast Syria.
This position will report to the Senior Grants and Finance Manager.
The Finance Coordinator will support the management of the finance and accounting functions for the GROW project. In addition to maintaining all financial files in good order, s/he will be responsible about implementing finance systems and protocols, review and approval QB/Net Suite Journal entries, account reconciliations, produce regular reports on the status of bank account balances and cumulative expenditures, prepare periodic projections and financial reports/analysis. The Finance Coordinator will oversee the audit process; s/he will ensure the compliance of financial and tax reporting with the local legislation, as well as ensuring the compliance of procurement with donors’ regulations. This position may require travelling to field (project implementation locations, partners offices and communities, etc.).
This is a Supervisory role. The Finance Coordinator will supervise an Accountant and a Finance Assistant.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The overall responsibility of Finance Coordinator will be to oversee all project accounting, financial management and compliance functions, coordinate audit process and contribute to the capacity building of the finance team. This Job requires the successful candidate to travel between project field offices.
The Finance Coordinator is responsible for the following:
1 – Accounting and Financial Management:
- Supervise the finance team in reviewing cash receipts, disbursement vouchers, employee’s advances and liquidations, ensuring adequacy of supporting documents and appropriate cost allocation.
- Ensure maintenance of proper documentation filing system is for all financial activities in all project offices.
- Supervise cash and bank/Money transfer agent management, daily track of balances and timely preparation of reconciliations.
- Review accounting transaction charged against grants and ensures compliance with donor and government regulations, and grant provisions.
- Review coding for correct GL accounts and cost center allocation.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts, payroll/fringe accounts at the end of the month.
- Prepare month end, quarterly and annually requested schedules and reports.
- Maintains inventory control and prepare timely reconciliations.
- Support Grants and Finance team in the implementation of Grants under Contract activity.
- Collaborate with finance team in Duhok and field offices to support field staff on financial inquiries, review and approve sub offices ledgers and supporting documents, maintain a proper tracking for all sub offices expenditures.
- Liaise and communicate with money facilitation entities to ensure cash flow to sub offices and all financial transactions are done timely.
- Support HR department in payroll preparation for project staff,
- Prepare tax liabilities reports (payroll and other withholding taxes) ensure all liabilities are proceeded timely.
- Build capacity of the finance staff in offices through on-the-job training and organized training workshops.
- Participate in developing financial systems, templates and controlling mechanisms.
2 – Compliance and Audit:
- Check and reconcile withholding tax schedules, documents and tax returns.
- Assist in preparing required audit schedules and documentation.
- Support Senior Grants and Finance Manager producing reports with findings and issues identified during audit.
Education and Training:
- A university degree in accounting, finance, business administration.
- Knowledge of accepted accounting practices and principles.
- Should have a minimum of 4 years’ experience in relevant position.
- Past work with local NGOs and/or international donor funded programs preferred.
- Prior experience with Syrian context is preferred.
- Prior experience with USAID funded programs preferred.
- Remotely management experience is preferred.
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks and ERP accounting software is highly preferred.
- Excellent command of excel and other database applications.
- Computer/word processing and standard office software skills.
- Ability to produce solutions to complex problems.
- Team management skills.
- High analytical and reporting skills.
- Team player with excellent planning skills
- Ability to work well in unstable and frequently changing security environments.
- Culture sensitivity and excellent understanding of cross-culture working environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment.
- Must have very good command of spoken and written English.
- Address Iraq, KRI, Duhok, Geribasi, Baghdad Bank St. near Qandil NGO. The red building with 4 floors, CHF office - second floor
- Salary Offer N/A USD N/A Month
- How to apply To apply for this position please follow the link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdQ95E3Bz3Cr1g0pp99234AghuXlbd58oSq0nQndoabk1ekYA/viewform?usp=sf_link before or by January 22, 2024. Please be advised that only shortlisted candidates with required experience will be contacted for the interview.