The Fin/HR officer reports directly to the Finance Coordinator Iraq & Syria for the Finance part and to the General Coordinator Iraq for the HR part. The Finance /HR officer receives technical support from HQ HR referent for Iraq.
S/he works closely with the Iraq coordination team which includes:
- Medical coordinator
- Liaison and Sec officer
- Harm reduction officer
- Maintain expected standards regarding procedures and deadlines of three areas Finance, HR and administrative operations in Iraq mission (Baghdad and Erbil).
- Lead the cross-cutting and multi-disciplinary connection within the context of the activities with MdM and partners’ teams
- Cash management (inventories, management of foreign currencies, banks, supplies, etc.)
- Establish payments, manage advances and monitor contract payment deadlines
- Carry out accounting procedures (recordings, codification, reconciliation, closing, transmission, archiving, etc.)
- Record all expenses in MDM accountancy’s software (SAGA) daily, and to properly fill in the information needed (date, accounting code, project, budget code etc.). according to the allocation table and Budget forecast.
- Prepare monthly closing, revision, archiving and integrity of accounts for the mission.
- Issue vouchers, and to properly archive the invoices and Saga vouchers in dedicated files.
- Prepare the cash count and bank reconciliation at the end of each month.
- Review monthly accountancy Submission from all bases (hard Copy +soft copy) and integrate it into SAGA
- Check invoices (compliance check), file, copies, archive
- Monitor the site budget (actual and forecast)
- Support and participate in budget preparation (construction, revision)
- Contribute to the preparation of donor proposals and reports
- Provide support during audits
- Provide financial management support, including payments, transfers, bank communication …etc. to MDM-Spain in Iraq.
- Draw up contracts
- Pay wages, prepare pay slips
- Post-pay management (social and employer charges)
- Manage personnel data, physical files and databases
- Manage and monitor absences (leave, sick leave, etc.)
- Provide support with managing disciplinary cases (writing letters, legal advice, archiving, etc.)
- Provide support with recruitment (publishing advertisements, sorting CVs, invitation to interviews, organise written tests, collate references, etc.)
- Participation in the implementation of the training plan (follow-up with training organisations, monitor individual training files, etc.)
- Provide HR management support, including HR guidance, payroll, salary calculation…etc. to MDM-Spain in Iraq.
- Draw up and monitor service and insurance contracts (medical, insurance, etc.)
- Draft administrative letters
- Archive partnership agreements, MoU, etc.
- Monitor the legal framework (employment law, taxation, etc.)
- Contribute towards updating HR and financial procedures, proposals for adjusting the internal management framework
- Manage visas, work permits and various authorisations (applications, monitoring expiry dates, renewals)
- Responsible of MdM Registration and renewal process in both KRI and Federal region
- Manage any updates required regarding MdM Registration File in both KRI and Federal region
- Maintain a smooth collaboration with MdM Representative in Baghdad to expedite visa processes in Baghdad.
- Act as afocal point with MDM contracted lawyer in KRI and consultant in Baghdad.
This list of activities is not exhaustive and may change depending on the situation.
- How to apply Submit CV and Cover letter by Email to email@example.com including the subject: Ref: 2023-BGH-27 LAST SUBMISSION DATE ON November 16, 2023 please make sure to send your CV in PDF/word format (other formats or links aren't considered) and write the reference (2023-BGH-27)on the subject of your email. Only Short-Listed Applicants Will Be Contacted Reviewing the application CVs will be on a rolling basis, as such; MdM reserves the right to fill the position before the closing date of the job advertisement.
- Job Reference 2023-BGH-27