Finance/ Human Resources Assistant
Place of work: East Mosul Al Salam Teaching Hospital, Covid-19 ICU
Deadline for application: 09/01/2021 at 12:00 pm
Main purpose of the job:
Execute administrative tasks and do follow up of project accountancy, according to administration manager’s indications and MSF procedures, in order to ensure legal compliance and keep a strict control over monetary resources.
- Execute administrative and legal related tasks, under supervision of the Administrator Manager, checking payroll calculations and updating personal files in order to ensure accuracy, compliance and on time payments.
- Implement cash management procedures in order to ensure the highest control and security, and ensure cash availability.
- Prepare employment contracts in conformity with legal requirements including specific amendments when necessary in order to ensure local labour and fiscal law compliance.
- Enter data into the HR database and personal files and keep them up-to-date in order to facilitate HR processes management.
- Update Social security Tax office employee files in order to meet legal requirements and duties.
- Draw up monthly pay slips for all staff, editing and updating the necessary data, in order to ensure the punctuality and accuracy of staff payroll.
- Draw up the final pay slip and employment certificate at the end of a contract in order to meet legal requirements while defending MSF ’s interests.
- Follow up all expiring rental contract dates and inform the Administration Manager in order to leave enough time to arrange a renewal or look for some other alternative.
- Assist the administration manager in the prevision of monthly treasury and planning in order to ensure the coverage of daily needs, advances on salaries, payroll, etc.
- Process the payment to suppliers and keep strict on all documentation involved, informing the administration manager of any sort of disparity.
- Carry out all accounting tasks and activities in order to ensure strict control of all expenditures and the reliability of statements and documentation.
- Make all administrative information available to the staff (posting, meetings, etc.)
- Classify and prepare all accounting pieces as requested by the Administration Manager.
- File the accounting documents and enter the accounting pieces in the accounting software, with the support from the Administration Manager and/or the Accounting Manager (ACMA).
- Ensure Finance management in compliance with MSF policies and procedures; Field Finance minimum standards, validation table and advance requestors list and csr.
- Ensure accuracy of accounting, with daily encoding, respecting internal controls, good cashbook and advance management and that deadlines are met with coordination; UniField Chart of Accounts, Advance Requestors list, Standard description and Cash opening hours
- Assist in learning and development ensuring participation staff inductions and on boarding and ensuring all staff have Job descriptions and that appraisals are done
- Ensure proper salary management with Homere, proper staff filing and HR administration related to NS
- Carry out any other task as delegated to by admin manager
- Support the Administration Manager in translating documents into local language. Assists the Administration Manager in meetings upon request
Specific requirements for the role:
Education: Desirable finance, business or administration related diploma
- Essential 2 years of experience in the position
- Desirable previous working experience in relevant jobs
- Desirable experience in MSF or other NGOs in similar context
- Basic knowledge of using Homere software is an asset
- Basic knowledge of using Unifield software is an asset
- Management and reporting skills is an asset
- Diplomacy, good communication and interpersonal skills
Languages: Essential fluent English and Arabic language
Knowledge: Essential computer literacy (word, excel, internet)
What we offer:
- Legal contract and pay in accordance with MSF Salary Grid.
- The chance to gain professional development and to develop (career path, training, etc.) within the organisation.
- The opportunity to contribute to our objective of saving lives, alleviating suffering and working with those most in need.
MSFCH will manage COVID-19 Intensive Care Facility in the Al Salam Teaching Hospital, Mosul, in order to support DOHN’s response to COVID-19 pandemic by providing lifesaving intensive care for COVID-19 confirmed severe cases.
As a part of the MSFCH team, you will be directly exposed to potential contact with COVID-19 patients. Therefore, all interested candidates must ensure not to have any medical pre-existing condition that would make them more vulnerable in case of contamination of the virus.
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by a newly discovered coronavirus. You can be infected by breathing in the virus if you are within close proximity of someone who has COVID-19, or by touching a contaminated surface and then your eyes, nose or mouth. People with the following pre-existing medical conditions are more vulnerable to develop complications from this disease:
– Age > 60 years old
– Obesity and Severe Obesity – BMI >30 and ≥ 40
– Cardiovascular Disease, including hypertension, coronary disease, arrhythmia, heart failure
– Chronic lung disease (including asthma, COPD, TB), heavy smokers
– Chronic kidney or liver disease, including Hepatitis B/C
– Immunosuppression/immunocompromising conditions such as:
- Cancer treatment
- Bone marrow or solid organ transplant
- Prolonged use of corticosteroids or other immunosuppressants
- Address East Mosul Al Salam Teaching Hospital, Covid-19 ICU
- Salary Offer MSF Salary Grid
- How to apply Interested candidates are invited to submit their complete application file (CV + motivation letter + references + ID card), Only applications with complete documentation will be considered. By email to [email protected] Please indicate “FIN HR Assistant” in the e-mail title or on the envelope. We recommend all applicants to write a cover letter containing an introduction of yourself, explaining why you are applying for the position, and explaining why you think you are suitable for the position. English CVs only Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted Your application will not be returned to you at any stage of the recruitment process. We may take this vacancy down ahead to the initial deadline of application in case we reached or over a considerable number of applications.