Scope of Work: The Finance Manager, IRC Iraq is in charge of finance review processes and works with the Deputy Finance Controller and other members of the finance department to ensure efficient and effective processing of financial documentation. The Finance Manager will have thorough knowledge of IRC and donor financial and administrative policies and procedures.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the Accounting Department
- Assist with the implementation of finance policies, procedures and systems
- Ensure compliance with IRC procedures and guidelines and donor guidelines
- Review supporting documentation for payments to ensure accuracy and ensure that costs are allocable and allowable
- Review expenditure worksheets for accuracy and completeness
- Review spreadsheets from field sites before uploading to SUN system
- Conduct regular audits of timesheets to ensure adherence to policy and approved allocations
- Provide feedback to Field Finance Officers regarding monthly templates.
- Review monthly bank reconciliations from Erbil main office Cashier and from field offices.
- Liaise with the bank on all banking issues.
- Forward to the Payroll Administrator every month, outstanding personnel advances and charges related to T7, for recovery.
- Serve as technical resource for the Accounting Department.
- Carry out appraisals for direct staff reports under Finance Manager supervision within the finance department
- Adhere to and act in accordance with IRC Global HR Policies and Procedures
- Adhere to and serve as a champion of the IRC Way Standards for Professional Conduct
- Supervise daily activities in the Accounting Department.
- Communicate with Finance Controller on security issues within the office and outside the office.
- Report to the Deputy Finance Controller/Finance Controller, any irregularities that occur within the IRC office, staff compound and camps on policy and procedures.
- Attend and actively participate in trainings identified/organized by your supervisor.
- Follow any new procedures and guidelines communicated from Senior Management
- Report any violations of the IRC Way: Professional Code of Conduct.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by your supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or Finance.
- Minimum of three years accounting experience.
- Experience with an International NGO preferable.
- Proficient in Microsoft (MS) suite applications; experience in using advanced MS Excel is essential, knowledge of an accounting package such as SUN system is preferable
|Skills and Abilities
The position will be based in Erbil and will provide technical support to other IRC field offices.
Standards of Professional Conduct:
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including maternity leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Attention Returning National Candidates:
IRC strives to attract, motivate and retain qualified national staff in our programs. We strongly encourage national or returning national candidates to apply for this position. If you are a national of the country in which this position is based and are currently located outside of your home country and possess over two years of international work experience, IRC has introduced an attractive remuneration package. The package includes competitive compensation, return flight to post, shipping allowance, temporary housing and a relocation allowance. Certain restrictions may apply.
Notice to all Job Seekers
IRC implements an equal employment opportunity policy
and our recruitment process is based on merit.
Applicants and/or successful interview
candidates (both internal and external) are not required to pay any fees at any
stage of the recruitment process.
If anyone asks you for any financial or
non-financial favors to help you secure a job at IRC, kindly report to [email protected]