The Finance Officer will provide support to the overall financial management of Syria Relief across operation areas, focusing on budget management and reporting, accounting, and payrolls. The Finance Officer is responsible for cashier duties of cash disbursements, cash receipts, and petty cash management and ensures that vouchers and purchase orders are in line with SR policies and have adequate supporting documentation.
Reporting To: Finance Coordinator
• Ensure that all payments have the necessary documents attached including; Purchase Request, Contract, Quotations, Invoice, Proof of payment, Purchase Order, and, Payment Disbursement Form.
• Ensure that before payment is done for contracted services, the contract is up to date.
Receipt of supplier invoices & payment process:
• Review invoices for accuracy and proper approval.
• Process invoices and payments in Quick Books accounting system.
• Entry in the accounting system is as per the grant and budget line.
• Ensure proper filing and supporting documentation is in order on a monthly basis and per grant.
Petty Cash & Cash Fund Management:
• Maintain a cashbook for all petty cash transactions.
• Ensure that petty cash count is done on a weekly basis.
• Ensure that the petty cash of all currencies matches the cash book.
• Ensure all disbursements and liquidations are recorded in good time.
Bank and Control Accounts Reconciliation:
• Support maintenance of the bank file, ensuring that all bank information is properly filed and updated; go to the bank as often as necessary for bank transactions – bank transfer requests, bank withdrawal (encashment of checks).
• Ensure that all bank transactions are recorded in Quick Books.
• Prepare monthly bank and cash reconciliations. In the event of any discrepancy during the cash or bank reconciliation sheet, the discrepancy needs to be traced, justified and corrected, Reconcile the bank account on a monthly basis.
• Assist the Head of Department in preparation of the cash forecasts, Monthly closure & Financial Reporting.
• Ensure that all vouchers and expenses are posted in Quick Books by the end of the month.
• Prepare month-end reports including bank reconciliations, Budget Versus Actual, actuals reports, payroll reconciliation, and cash forecast.
• Maintain real-time accounts payable system with monthly submission to FC (Finance Coordinator).
• Maintain master payroll file.
• Run the payroll monthly and print payroll reports (payslips, leave summary, etc.)
• Reconcile cash withdrawal to cash payroll payments made, and file documents.
• Co-ordinating with HR & Logistics for updating new wallets in Amana system
Support to the Head of Department in the preparation and monitoring of program budgets.
• Assist in the preparation of the annual budgeting process.
• Provide training/orientation to field Finance Officers & Assistants related to Finance regulations & procedures
• Create an environment of experience sharing and promote best practices within the team.
• Ensure internal controls are implemented throughout the country program with a specific focus on ensuring thorough fraud prevention processes and oversight.
• Ensure timesheets are completed by all staff and filed with HR
Identify and build, or facilitate staff capacity building on finance procedures to non-finance staff.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Minimum 2 years’ experience working with I/NGO in accounting, and finance; with experience with/knowledge of institutional donors.
• Excellent training skills are required, including designing and developing training workshops, and materials, including online materials.
• Excellent Excel and Word skills and experience in other Office applications.
• Ability to take direction but also to work independently in own initiative.
• knowledge in Quickbooks accounting system would be an advantage.
Note: Due to the urgency of this position, applications will be reviewed on rolling basis and vacancy can be filled prior to the stated closing date
Females candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
- Address IRAQ-KRI, Duhok
- How to apply Interested candidates can apply by sending their updated CVs to [email protected]
- Job Reference IRQ-FO-J-21