The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, IRC offers life-saving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in more than 40 countries and in 22 U.S. cities, IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted by conflict or disaster. IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The Syria crisis is often described as the worst humanitarian catastrophe since the end of the Cold War. Inside Syria, 7.6 million people are internally displaced and 12.2 million are in need of humanitarian assistance, with 4.8 million in hard-to-reach areas. There are 4 million Syrian refugees in neighboring countries. This is no short-term humanitarian episode. The devastating human consequences to huge numbers of people will endure for decades. The destruction of relationships, communities, livelihoods, homes and infrastructure will take years to repair.
IRC is offering a robust humanitarian response to the Syria crisis. With an annual budget in excess of $140 million and a rapidly expanding portfolio, supported by more than 1,250 staff in the region, IRC is undertaking programs in Syria and the neighboring countries of Turkey, Iraq, Lebanon and Jordan in the fields of health, child protection, education, women’s protection and empowerment, NFI and food distribution, cash assistance, water and sanitation, and livelihood programming. Our work in these challenging settings gives rise to some of the most pressing issues facing contemporary humanitarian action, including questions of access, security, funding and coordination.
Under direction of finance manager responsible for providing effective financial management for the ERB office. Implementing transfer, local payments, cash disbursement and other transactions, assist with preparation financial reports.
- Managing all aspects of day-to-day operations of accounting department.
- Assist in the implementation of Finance policies, procedures, and systems.
- Ensure compliance with IRC procedures and guidelines.
- Submit expenditure worksheets to the Finance manager on or before 3rd of every subsequent month.
- Review all payment documents for proper and adequate back up.
- Review expenditure worksheets for accuracy and completeness.
- Liaison with Logistics, Administration, prepare commitment lists every month for financial obligations already entered but not captured in financial reports.
- Preparer a bank reconciliation for main office and review the bank reconciliation for field offices to be send it to finance manager by 3rd of every month.
- Liaison with field office bank on all banking issues.
- Ensure that statutory deductions are paid on time to avoid any penalty.
- Forward to the payroll Administrator every month, an outstanding personnel advances and charges related to T7 for recovery. Ensure that advances taken in a certain month are liquidated appropriately.
- Conduct a time sheet audit for field office from time to time.
- Perform other duties, as needed, or requested.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Finance Manager,
Position directly supervises: Finance Assistant & finance Intern.
Indirect Technical Reporting: Finance Lead.
Education: University degree, preferable in finance or accounting.
Work Experience: Minimum of 2 years professional accounting experience with an INGO
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
Language Skills: Very good command in English and Kurdish, Arabic is preferred.
Certificates or Licenses: finance and accounting.
Standards of Professional Conduct:
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including maternity leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Attention Returning National Candidates:
IRC strives to attract, motivate and retain qualified national staff in our programs. We strongly encourage national or returning national candidates to apply for this position. If you are a national of the country in which this position is based and are currently located outside of your home country and possess over two years of international work experience, IRC has introduced an attractive remuneration package. The package includes competitive compensation, return flight to post, shipping allowance, temporary housing and a relocation allowance. Certain restrictions may apply.
Notice to all Job Seekers
IRC implements an equal employment opportunity policy
and our recruitment process is based on merit.
Applicants and/or successful interview
candidates (both internal and external) are not required to pay any fees at any
stage of the recruitment process.
If anyone asks you for any financial or
non-financial favors to help you secure a job at IRC, kindly report to [email protected]
- Address Ankawa