Purpose of Division:
Islamic Relief Worldwide (IRW) is an international relief and development charity which envisages a caring world where people unite to respond to the suffering of others, empowering them to fulfil their potential. We are an independent Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) founded in the UK in 1984 . Working in 47 countries, we promote sustainable economic and social development by working with local communities to eradicate poverty, illiteracy and disease. We also respond to disasters and emergencies, helping people in crisis. Islamic Relief provides support regardless of religion, ethnicity or gender and without expecting anything in return.
Islamic Relief’s (IR) has been working in Iraq for more than 14 years. IR was on the ground throughout the military incursions and is one of the few aid agencies that continued working during and after the 2003 war.
Islamic Relief Worldwide Iraq is implementing several projects in the sector of Food, WASH, Health, Education, GBV, and shelters.
Islamic Relief Iraq (IRI) seeking a potential Finance Officer to be responsible for recording and maintaining day to day financial operations disbursements, preparation of reports and cash management.
Job Responsibility :
- To assist Finance Coordinator in different process of budgeting, budget tracking balance and internal audit based on IRW& IRI finance manual.
- Responsible for IR Thi Qar accounts in his/her base station, record keeping, ledger, monthly, quarterly and yearly financial reports as per head quarter & donors requirements and to submit regularly to his/her supervisor.
- To be responsible on data entries on the current AX system.
- Responsible for banking and correspondences with bank & other financial institutions and bank reconciliation as well.
- Responsible for in collaborating with the program department of appropriate training to IRI staff (accounting& budgeting) to upgrade knowledge and skills of IR Iraq staff.
- Monitor work in progress and supply agreements/ contracts and determine level of performance compared to established standards and timelines.
- Review all payment requisitions of expenditure for accuracy and to ensure that the budget is transparent& followed and matching with IR financial manual and procedure.
- Monitoring the control accounts of the country office and/ or sub offices.
- Be responsible for developing and maintain the filing system.
- Assist in providing the forecasting of the expenditures monthly & quarterly and in preparing the budget.
- Attend the tender committee and assist to finalize the decision.
- Any other related duties requested by Seniors / LM or IR Iraq management.
- A) EDUCATION/TRAINING
- Bachelors and Master’s degree in related filed.
- 2 – 3 year experience in the field of finance working with INGOs/NGOs
- Extensive experience in working for NGO or INGOs on relevant experience
- English-language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing).
- Three years’ experience in international NGO.
- Experience in budgeting, budget tracking & internal control.
- Board knowledge and understanding of Islamic principles.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Proficiency in computer applications (MS Word, Excel, Power point)
- D) COMPETENCIES
Core Values (Required) :
- Commitment .
- Diversity and Inclusion.
Core Competencies (Required):
- Working with People.
- Drive for Results.
Functional Competencies (Required):
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts.
- Planning and Organizing.
- F) PROBLEM SOLVING (Thinking Environment)
- Ability to deal with complex situation and solve issues and problems
- Address Al-Mansouriya area, Al-Qadhat neighborhood, house 27
- Salary Offer According to the IRW-Iraq Salary scale USD According to the IRW-Iraq Salary scale Month
- How to apply Dear Applicant: If you are a support person, experienced, competent, reliable, service minded, dedicated and a highly motivated professional, with a strong commitment to IRW’s values and beliefs, please apply by downloading the application pack from below link and forward the filled and completed form to: [email protected] before the closing time & date (Monday, 04:00 pm, 16 January 2024). - Please write the position title: (Finance Officer) in the subject of the email. - CVs will not be accepted. - Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Islamic Relief is an equal opportunities employer. Our values and commitment to safeguarding IRW is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom IRW engages. IRW expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us. The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organization. All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records checks. IRW also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
- Job Reference https://islamicrelief-my.sharepoint.com/:w:/g/personal/harem_hadi_ir-iraq_org/ERm4xi3TiQxMub196vnlQZEBXLy0CX8LibNfR6xMtAd8dA?e=6Dbo1Y