Un Ponte Per (UPP) is an NGO established in 1991. It has started its activities as “Un ponte per Baghdad”, right after the end of the war in Iraq, with the aim of organizing solidarity initiatives in favor of the Iraqi civil society. Later on, the intervention of Un Ponte Per started including Serbia and other Middle Eastern and Mediterranean countries. The NGO mission is to prevent new conflicts, protect human rights and support civil society, especially in the Middle East, through humanitarian and development programs, always supporting the local civil society. UPP is active in Iraq since 1991 and is regularly registered at National and Kurdistan Region levels.
- Prepare Purchase Requisition (PR) and conduct Bid Analysis of suppliers, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their evaluation, negotiation on certain amendments/ conditions of contracts in full compliance with UPP regulations.
- Assist in procurement of goods in accordance with UPP guidelines in coordination with Procurement and Logistic Coordinator (preparing PR, GRL, ITQ, ITB, PO, etc.).
- Interact with contractors, in coordination with the Procurement and Logistic Coordinator.
- Assist in the maintenance of thorough procurement files as outlined in the UPP procurement policy.
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs, and efficiency
- Ensure operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, maintaining equipment inventories, evaluating new equipment and techniques
- Coordinate and communicate with the relevant requesting staff/programs regarding the supplies, services, and equipment delivery in time
- Coordination with the Finance, Admin, and Program departments to ensure integrated internal controls, and timely payment of vendors in compliance with auditable support documentation
- Check all incoming assets and schedule deliveries to users.
- Verify that all items ordered are received and inform the carrier/supplier/shipper/consignor if there are any missing or damaged items.
- Ensuring strict servicing and maintenance times to minimize downtime and maintain schedules.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Fresh graduate with diploma in Business Management & Administration, Accounting, Finance, or related fields.
- Fresh graduate, no previous experiences are required.
- Self-reliant and able to work independently.
- Literacy in Microsoft Office Programs.
- Personal integrity and credibility
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written Kurdish and Arabic. Basic communication in English.
Recruitment at Un Ponte Per
- UPP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. UPP considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
- UPP upholds all the minimum standards in terms of Ethical Conduct and strives to increase its standards over the minimum. Zero tolerance is reserved to Sexual Abuse and Exploitation and to Child Abuse, Violence, Harm, Injury and Negligence, as well as to Anti-Corruption, Anti-Money Laundering and Anti-Terrorism. By applying, the candidate assures that s/he has never breached any standards of SEA, Child Safeguarding, Anti-Corruption, Anti-Money Laundering and Anti-Terrorism and that s/he won’t in the future. For the protection of beneficiaries, communities and partners, UPP, through the HR Manager and/or the Executive Director, will conduct extensive reference check and profound vetting on shortlisted candidates, also further to the contacts indicated by the candidate. Candidates are alerted that the required background checks might compromise their privacy. Shortlisted candidates shall promptly provide an up-to-date criminal background check.
- All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. Un Ponte Per also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
- How to apply How to apply: - Interested candidates should submit their application here (https://forms.office.com/e/BefAC1mBnG) with indicating the position they are applying for in the list of positions. - Only short-listed candidates will be contacted - Applications will be screened on a rolling basis. Therefore, UPP reserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required qualifications before the mentioned deadline.