Un Ponte Per (UPP) is an NGO established in 1991. It has started its activities as “Un ponte per Baghdad”, right after the end of the war in Iraq, with the aim of organizing solidarity initiatives in favor of the Iraqi civil society. Later on, the intervention of Un Ponte Per started including Serbia and other Middle Eastern and Mediterranean countries. The NGO mission is to prevent new conflicts, protect human rights and support civil society, especially in the Middle East, through humanitarian and development programs, always supporting the local civil society. UPP is active in Iraq since 1991 and is regularly registered at National and Kurdistan Region levels.
- Assist in the preparation of necessary documents ensuring accuracy and adherence to relevant procedures.
- Record and document all payment receipts in a timely and organized manner.
- Ensure proper archiving financial documents, both physical and electronic, following established procedures and guidelines.
- Maintain a well-organized filing system for easy retrieval of documents as and when required.
- Regularly update document records to reflect the latest information accurately.
- Ensure that all financial documents are stored in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality and security of financial records and sensitive information.
- Assist in the preparation of meeting materials, financial reports, and presentations.
- Contribute to discussions and provide input based on assigned responsibilities.
- Collaborate with the Senior Finance Officer to verify the validity of invoices and supporting documentation.
- Serve as a point of contact for field staff regarding finance-related queries or needs.
- Collaborate with field staff to gather and compile relevant financial data and documentation.
- Communicate finance-related policies, procedures, and guidelines to field staff as necessary.
Recruitment at Un Ponte Per
- UPP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. UPP considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
- UPP upholds all the minimum standards in terms of Ethical Conduct and strives to increase its standards over the minimum. Zero tolerance is reserved to Sexual Abuse and Exploitation and to Child Abuse, Violence, Harm, Injury and Negligence, as well as to Anti-Corruption, Anti-Money Laundering and Anti-Terrorism. By applying, the candidate assures that s/he has never breached any standards of SEA, Child Safeguarding, Anti-Corruption, Anti-Money Laundering and Anti-Terrorism and that s/he won’t in the future. For the protection of beneficiaries, communities and partners, UPP, through the HR Manager and/or the Executive Director, will conduct extensive reference check and profound vetting on shortlisted candidates, also further to the contacts indicated by the candidate. Candidates are alerted that the required background checks might compromise their privacy. Shortlisted candidates shall promptly provide an up-to-date criminal background check.
- All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. Un Ponte Per also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
- How to apply How to apply: - Interested candidates should submit their application here (https://forms.office.com/e/BefAC1mBnG) with indicating the position they are applying for in the list of positions. - Only short-listed candidates will be contacted - Applications will be screened on a rolling basis. Therefore, UPP reserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required qualifications before the mentioned deadline.