WRS Kurdistan are looking for Local candidates to work as Fire and Gas Technician for an International Oil and Gas company in Kurdistan.
Contract Type: Permanent
Working Schedule: Rotation
The Fire and Gas Technician will be responsible to the E&I Technician for the safe, efficient & cost-effective operation of company sites in KRI. Will perform preventive and restorative maintenance duties and tasks safely and effectively on fire and gas systems across the production facility.
Remote site and camp-based position requiring the candidate to work equal time shift rotation.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Site focal point for all Fire & Gas Detection equipment.
- Fully understanding and working to overrides/inhibit procedures and processes.
- Creating F&G inhibit risk assessments to perform maintenance, without placing personnel or equipment at risk.
- Perform inhibits, isolations/de-isolations as required and perform preventative and restorative maintenance duties and tasks safely and effectively on Fire and Gas safety systems.
- Act as Performing Authority/L2 risk assessing in the PTW system.
- Maximising the F&G Safety Systems to safely and efficiently, contribute delivering optimum site production.
- Ensuring safe and efficient operation of F&G systems, and installation areas.
- Carry out all Fire & Gas maintenance and associated activities including condition inspection and reporting to Company/international standards. Including ATEX rated equipment.
- Update and maintain the maintenance management system. reviewing and maintaining compliance and following up on defects and reporting directly reporting to Instrument lead/Maintenance supervisor.
- Diagnosing and rectifying faults to maximise equipment reliability, identify spares requirement and assisting with critical stock control, i.e. reviewing min/max with stores controller.
- Monitoring specialist support vendors/contractors within F&G remit.
- Raise work permits and preparing work-packs, as appropriate to progress work, also for vendors and contractors.
- Compile Proof of work and submit to lead to technical review and maintain competency personal portfolio.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Fire & Gas technicians role within oil and gas facilities or service company on oil and gas facilities.
- Must be self-motivated and proactive plus be able to demonstrate their ability to work within a small operations team structure.
- Can demonstrate hands on experience in Fire & Gas equipment maintenance.
- Must be proficient in English language both verbal and written.
- Computer literate, able to use MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel).