Purpose of Division:
Islamic Relief Worldwide (IRW) is an international relief and development charity which envisages a caring world where people unite to respond to the suffering of others, empowering them to fulfil their potential. We are an independent Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) founded in the UK in 1984 . Working in 47 countries, we promote sustainable economic and social development by working with local communities to eradicate poverty, illiteracy and disease. We also respond to disasters and emergencies, helping people in crisis. Islamic Relief provides support regardless of religion, ethnicity or gender and without expecting anything in return.
Islamic Relief’s (IR) has been working in Iraq for more than 14 years. IR was on the ground throughout the military incursions and is one of the few aid agencies that continued working during and after the 2003 war.
Islamic Relief Worldwide Iraq is implementing several projects in the sector of Food, WASH, Health, Education, GBV, and shelters.
The FSL Assistant is a primary-level field-based position under the direct supervision of FSL Officer. The FSL Assistant will be responsible for community sensitization, mobilization, formation of community committees and facilitation in the implementation of livelihoods (MSME) activities with target community. livelihoods assistants will also work closely with community mobilizers and case workers. Improving the living conditions of host community members in target areas through the implementation of SME activities, business management trainings, business grants.
- Community engagement including sensitization, mobilization, formation of community committees and identification of MSMES and young university graduates through community committees by program guidelines and IRW standards. Work with community committees for local buy-in to ensure program is well understood and owned by the target communities.
- Assist FSL Project officer for singing MoUs with DoLSA and Universities.
- Support FSL Officer to carry out transparent beneficiary selection as per criteria in close coordination with other team members, local authorities, communities and humanitarian agencies working in the area.
- Support FSL officer in organizing the activities of MSMEs including target area selection, beneficiary selection, business tool kit distribution, documentation, reporting etc.
- Support FSL officer in organizing training to MSMEs and Young University graduates.
- Keep a record of all required documents related to MSME project, beneficiary selection, distribution and post-distribution monitoring.
- Participate and actively contribute to any MSMEs assessments in the area
- Support FSL Officer to update beneficiary tracking sheet/ database after each distribution carried out.
- A) EDUCATION/TRAINING
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree Or Diploma in Social Sciences, Development studies or related field
- B) EXPERIENCE
- 1 years’ experience in the field of food security and Livelihood working with INGOs/NGOs
- Previous experience working in the same field is an advantage
- Extensive experience in working for NGO or INGOs on Development fields with a minimum of three years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated capacities to establish and maintain strong, collaborative working relationships with government officials, local organizations, communities and other stakeholders.
- English-language and Kurdish proficiency (speaking, reading, writing).
- Good writing and reporting skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Proficiency in computer applications (MS Word, Excel, Power point)
- D) COMPETENCIES
Core Values (Required) :
- Diversity and Inclusion.
Core Competencies (Required):
- Working with People.
- Drive for Results.
Functional Competencies (Required):
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts.
- Planning and organizing.
- E) PROBLEM SOLVING (Thinking Environment)
- Ability to deal with complex situation and solve issues and problems
- Address Halabja
- Salary Offer According to the IRW-Iraq Salary scale USD According to the IRW-Iraq Salary scale Month
- How to apply Dear Applicant: If you are a prgramme person, experienced, competent, reliable, service minded, dedicated and a highly motivated professional, with a strong commitment to IRW’s values and beliefs, please apply by downloading the application pack from below link and forward the filled and completed form to: [email protected] before the closing time & date (Monday, 04:00 pm, 16 January 2024). - Please write the position title: (FSL Assistant- Halabja) in the subject of the email. - CVs will not be accepted. - Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Islamic Relief is an equal opportunities employer. Our values and commitment to safeguarding IRW is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom IRW engages. IRW expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us. The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organization. All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records checks. IRW also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
- Job Reference https://islamicrelief-my.sharepoint.com/:w:/g/personal/harem_hadi_ir-iraq_org/ERm4xi3TiQxMub196vnlQZEBXLy0CX8LibNfR6xMtAd8dA?e=6Dbo1Y