Performs a variety of tasks concerned with the kitchen and dining areas. Prepares dining and serving areas by setting up counters, stands, and tables. Places food containers in serving order, fills salt and pepper shakers, and places linen and silverware on tables. Performs duties cleaning and working in Scullery. Responsible for cleaning the kitchen area to include floors, equipment, walls, light fixtures, as well as general kitchen cleaning. Stores cleaned items and cleaning material. Collects soiled dishes, scrapes, and soaks items. Disposes of food wastes in garbage disposal or trash receptacle. Responsible for picking up and storing non-food items, cleaning solutions, and paper products, kitchen cleaning and operations (machine and manual washing) and perimeter cleaning functions. Responsible for sanitation, cleanliness and ensuring the DFAC is visually appealing and orderly.
Serving Line – Responsible for set-up, serve, breakdown and replenish the serving lines, the beverage refrigerators, and the juice dispensers. Sweep, mop and clean the serving lines, warmers, refrigerators, beverage dispensers and the coffee machine after each meal. Assist with salad and bar. Serving main course, and speed line items, meats, vegetables, starches, and short order items during the daily serving hours. Washes and sorts dishes, glassware, and silverware. Cleans and sanitizes kitchen equipment, pots and pans, counters, and tables. Sweeps and mops floors.
- High school diploma and 1-3 yrs experience in food service
- Ability to read, write, understand and speak clearly in English
- Able to understand verbal and written instructions and communicate the instructions to others
- NAC-i Required
- Military food service experience
- Must be fluent in English
- Must possess passport book (not passport card) with at least 15 months of remaining validity AND with at least 6 blank visa/stamp pages remaining
- Must possess driver’s license with at least 6 months of remaining validity
Scheduled Weekly Hours: