EXTERNAL / INTERNAL
Forensic Field Officer
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral, independent and impartial international humanitarian organization, which assists and protects victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence. The ICRC is currently looking for staff to support its operations in the Republic of Iraq.
By joining the ICRC, you will:
* Have an opportunity to practise your profession in stimulating, complex and sometimes challenging environments, where your work can make a difference.
* Work with colleagues from various professional disciplines and in dynamic and collaborative workstreams, in support of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence.
* Represent one of the most renowned international humanitarian organizations in the world, promote humanitarian values and add to your sense of fulfilment in responding to people and communities affected by armed conflict and other situations of violence.
* Benefit from a competitive employment package, including different possibilities for career and personal development. (An onboarding course and continuous training will be provided.)
* Receive a competitive compensation package, including a monthly salary and benefits (13th month salary, International Retirement Savings Plan, family medical coverage, life insurance, a mobility allowance as per policy, social security scheme and final Gratuity).
Job Title: Forensics Field Officer
Reporting To: Forensic Specialist
Duty Station: Baghdad, Iraq.
Duration of Contract: Fixed term contract with a possibility for renewal to an open-ended contract
Position grade (ICRC system): B2
Date of Issue: 24 January 2023
Deadline for applications: 06 February 2023
The Forensic Field Officer supports the Forensic Specialists (mobile and resident) based in Baghdad in the implementation of activities related to different authorities that compose the Iraqi medico-legal system with focus on the missing persons case resolution, identification processes and the management of the deceased specially in the Medico-Legal Directorate of Baghdad.
Main duties and responsibilities:
* The Forensic field officer under the supervision of Forensic Specialists in Baghdad supports interactions with other ICRC departments such as others in Protection Health, Weapon Contamination, Communications, Logistics, …. etc).
* Supports the requests to Logistics, Finance and Water & Habitat such as for launching tenders, drafting donation certificates, signing of waybills, and packing lists, raising service requests, and keeping on with close follow-ups for the purchasing, selection, and donation of items/services.
* Supports follow-ups on drafting and finalization of letters of agreements, agreements, memorandum of understanding with other ICRC departments.
* Follows-up directly with interlocutors (face to face or remotely) when necessary.
* Records all forensic activities in internal databases such as Prot6, Team Space and other tools according to the Iraq Forensic team practice.
* Participates on Logistics meetings and follow-ups.
* Organizing events, meetings, roundtables, consultancies, and other follow-ups needed regarding visas and travel arrangements.
* Supports caseload analysis through preparing tables, cleaning and orchestrating internal data, following up on analysis needed for supporting families on the search for their missing relative with the BAG Forensic team.
* Supports implementation of forensic projects on missing persons case resolution, identification processes and the management of the deceased specially in the Medico-Legal directorate of Baghdad.
Education and Professional Experience required:
* University degree or relevant professional experience in the forensic applied sciences and health sector (i.e., medical doctor, biologist, geneticist, dentist, archaeologist).
* 3 years’ experience in the field of forensic or forensic related sciences (i.e., medical doctor, biologist, geneticist, dentistry, archaeology).
* Availability of occasional trips within Iraq
* Communications Skills and analytical thinker.
* English and Arabic language Fluency is mandatory, Kurdish language is considered as an asset
* Computer Literacy is mandatory.
Please note that:
* Applications will only be accepted for Iraqi nationals.
* The successful candidate will undergo a three month-probation period.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
NB: Should you not have received a response from the ICRC within one month of submission of your application, please consider your application unsuccessful.
The ICRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process including application, interview, meeting or processing.
- How to apply How to Apply: All qualified and interested candidates are invited to send their application to [email protected] and write in the subject line “Surname, First name/ Position Name”. The application should contain a: 1. Current Curriculum Vitae (CV) indicating email and phone contacts. 2. Cover Letter stating why you think you have the necessary skills and qualifications for this position and your salary expectations; and 3. Minimum of (2) two professional references.