Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for FWKO Control Room Operators (DCS) to strengthen our team. This is an Iraq based position for locally based Iraqis only working 12 hours per day on a 14 days on/14 days off rotation. May be day or night shift.
Experienced DCS Operator with proven record of delivery in the Oil and Gas industry who is Control Room trained, competent and fully assessed as such.
Must have strong experience in oil and gas industry i.e. 3 Phase Separation Facilities, Produced Water Facilities and Chemical Injection Facilities. Familiar with Delta V PLC or equivalent Operation and control system DCS
- Have good understanding of DCS/HMI status and ensure all utilities and plant conditions meet target production rates and plant specifications
- Monitor all process parameters and immediately notify supervisors if any alarm conditions are raised and field validate alarm and take any necessary corrective action.
- Monitor running equipment PM requirements and notify Supervisors when equipment PM’s are due and equipment changes are required.
- Monitor chemical injection rates to ensure chemicals are at target rates especially when oil and water production rates are changed
- Perform equipment/machinery startup and shutdown in accordance with procedures
- Support any equipment maintenance requirements to ensure shutdowns and trips are in the correction status to avoid any unnecessary shutdowns or plant upsets. Complete isolations in accordance with Work Management Manual requirements
- Log operations daily events and prepare daily production report with process data, lab data, and events of each shift.
- Submit daily reports for final review and approval by Supervisor
- Carry out shift handover in a detailed and comprehensive manner
- Perform startup and shut down procedures when required
- Interface with Field Operators and Technicians as required.
- Communicate with other work groups and personnel during the operation and monitoring of the DCS console
Skills / Qualifications
- BSc (or equivalent) in Engineering preferable
- Minimum of 5 year experience in Oil and Gas Industry with minimum of 2 years in Control Room.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrable experience in similar role, with a proven background of delivery
- Comprehensive knowledge, skills and experience in Oil & Gas Control/DCS Operations
- Experienced in working with multi-cultural personnel / team
- English language skills – proficient in both written and spoken with emphasis on technical comprehension
- Ability to interface and interact with Operations Representatives at all levels
- Confident and ability to work on own initiative
- Desire to learn and develop not only self but others within team – good attitude to continuous improvement
- Ability to demonstrate high level understanding of HSE safe working practices and procedures and their implementation
- Ability to interpret project procedures, standards, specifications, and drawings including PFD’s / P&ID’s / SLD’s / C&E’s etc
- IT literate in all major software packages (Word / Excel / PowerPoint etc)
- Able to implement, manage and audit Permit to Work procedure and Isolation procedures
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!