Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for FWKO Instrument & Control Engineer to strengthen our team. This is B2B position on a 4/4 rotation in Iraq, with initial period being in Dubai.
Experienced Instrument and Control Engineer with proven record of delivery in the Oil and Gas industry, particularly in Commissioning, Start Up and trouble shooting activities. Ability to provide continuous support to Operations team to optimize the plant.
Must have strong experience in oil and gas industry i.e. 3 Phase Separation Facilities, Produced Water Facilities and Chemical Injection Facilities. Experience in Delta V (or similar) and in setting and control of Field Instrumentation is essential.
- Coordinate handover of the Instrument and Control systems from the Commissioning Team utilizing Go Completions.
- Support the preparation of Start-up Procedures and Method statements
- Oversee the Start Up of the new facilities from an Instrumentation and Control viewpoint.
- Assist in the specification and ordering of Start-up and early Operations spares for Instruments and Controls.
- Assist with on the job training requirement for Operators on the new facilities.
- Support Operations of Instrumentation and Controls once new facilities reach “steady state” operations.
- Raise and follow through on Engineering Queries as necessary during Start Up and Early operations of the facilities.
- Coordinate with Maintenance Department on all requirements during early operations.
- Prepare schedules for vendor attendance and preservation in accordance with the manufacturers requirements
- Implement the ROO HSE Management System during all phases of the work
Skills / Qualifications
- BSc (or equivalent) in Control or Electrical Engineering preferable
- Minimum of 10 year experience in Oil and Gas Industry
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrable experience in similar role, with a proven background of delivery
- Strong multidiscipline experience in O&G system commissioning, start-up and operations
- Recognised O&G Instruments and Control start up background and very familiar with O&G Control Systems (particulary Delta V or equivalent) and Field Instrumentation
- Experienced in planning and coordinating system start up activities
- Experienced in working with multi-cultural personnel / team
- Experienced in the development and coaching of team members
- Ability to interface and interact with Operations Representatives at all levels
- Delivery focused and committed to achievement of project goals
- Confident and ability to work on own initiative
- Desire to learn and develop not only self but others within team – good attitude to continuous improvement
- Ability to demonstrate high level understanding of HSE safe working practices and procedures and their implementation
- Ability to manage / maintain budget / schedule requirements
- Fully conversant with the completions, commissioning and Start Up process
- Ability to interpret project procedures, standards, specifications, and drawings including PFD’s / P&ID’s / SLD’s / C&E’s etc
- IT literate in all major software packages (Word / Excel / PowerPoint etc)
- Able to implement, manage and audit Permit to Work procedure and Isolation procedures
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
Interested in working for Wood? Take the first step today by joining our talent community. By joining the community, your chances of matching to the right role are increased, as our recruiters search the community daily to match open positions with member profiles.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!