|Position Title:||GBV Social Worker|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Contract Type:||Fixed Term|
|Reports To||GBV Case Manager & Project Manager|
|Application closing date
IQJ Scout is looking to hire a GBV Social Worker on behalf of an NGO in iraq as per the requirements below:
The SGBV Social Worker will be based in Community Support Center (CSC) at Kirkuk district, Kirkuk, Iraq with frequent travel to all sub-districts in Kirkuk district. The SGBV Social Worker will work under the direct supervision of the SGBV Case Manager. The SGBV Social Worker will also assist the SGBV Case Manager in providing technical assistance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assessing, counseling and offering advice to beneficiaries and targeted group of the project.
- Arranging appropriate care, resources or benefits to beneficiaries and targeted group of the project.
- Support beneficiaries and targeted group of this project through difficult times and ensure that they are safeguarded from harm.
- Provide support to enable service users to help themselves. Maintain professional relationships with service users, acting as guides and advocates.
- Identify cases and do the referral services internally within the center and externally to other specialized sources. Understand confidentiality and only process referral if written consents has been given.
- Identify information, signs or symptoms that may indicate, emotional distress, mental health problems and do referrals accordingly.
- Identify protection concerns faced by the individuals interviewed that may indicate the need for a referral to available resources such as cash assistance, rehabilitation services, and registration services.
- Provide accurate and timely information about services available to survivors including health, psycho-social services, livelihood activities, and others.
- Refer and accompany (upon survivor’s request) survivors to healthcare, and legal services.
- Fill in referral forms, intake forms, care plans, follow up forms and all relevant documentation in an accurate and detailed manner.
- Ensure that all service users’ files are securely stored.
- Maintain confidentiality with cases they received and data related.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
Education and Experience:
- A bachelor degree in sociology or social work.
- Minimum two years of relevant work experience in counseling, social work
- Experience in working in the social sector, particularly with IDPs or refugees, or with programs focused on children and adolescents.
- of and experience with basic counseling skills and techniques Previous experience or understanding of the human rights, social and political environment in Iraq
- A strong commitment to human rights and to implementation of international humanitarian principles.
- Ability to reside in Kirkuk district and possibly travel within Hawija and Tuz Khurmatu districts.
- Ability to work 40 hours /per week, and as needed to work more time and according to demand and move between the camps.
Language Skills: Excellent command of English and Arabic are required and any local languages.
- English Proficiency Level Required: Advanced
- Arabic Proficiency Level Required: Native
- Microsoft Office (e.g. Outlook, Word, PowerPoint), and other software applicable to the area of work.
- Proficiency in using the emails.
Candidates with high skills and experience in SGBV work field. Female candidates are highly recommended to apply.
Competencies required for the job
Collaborative spirit and ability to work independently as well as in a team; commitment to knowledge sharing and teamwork; positive attitude and ability to see through challenges to find solutions; and strong interpersonal skills and an ability to clearly communicate, including complex concepts into layperson language.
How To Apply
Please send cover letter (1 page maximum) explaining your interest and how your experience meets the qualifications required.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear back from us within 4 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful