INTERSOS is an international, non-profit, humanitarian organization on the front line of emergencies, bringing assistance to victims of armed conflicts, natural disasters, and extreme exclusion with particular attention to the protection of the most vulnerable people. Since 1992 our humanitarian workers have been helping people affected by humanitarian crises: we provide first aid, food, shelter, medical assistance, and basic goods. We ensure that basic needs, such as education, access to clean water, and health assistance, are met.
Support Protection Coordinator in specifically implementing the GBV component of protection within the GBV project.
In close collaboration with the Protection Coordinator, provide technical guidance and advice to protection staff ensuring that specific GBV components of the programme are delivered according to internal guidelines and in line with international standards and principles.
- Provide technical support and assistance to the implementation of the GBV related components through the proper tools mainstreaming and development of relevant training materials for peer support groups and networks for GBV Survivors.
- Train the GBV team (Case manager/case workers) on case management and the management of group support sessions for GBV survivors to overcome stress factors and lead positive lives
- In coordination with the Protection Coordinator support to contextualize and adapt internal and global guidelines, making sure these are rolled out to the GBV staff to ensure adaptability and mainstreaming.
- In coordination with the Protection Coordinator, deliver training and workshops to protection staff to build their skills on GBV related topics identified with them to guarantee the quality of the activities.
- Support the Protection Coordinator to deliver training and workshops to non-GBV staff such as the legal team to build their skills and knowledge of GBV related principles that would enable them to mainstream GBV components in their sectors.
- Review the GBV assessment report as a guidance to aid the development of tailored training materials for the Erbil context.
- In coordination with the Protection Coordinator ensure the GBV staff are trained on the data protection policy to ensure data are collected, processed, analyzed, stored, archived and disseminated in ethical modalities.
- Train and provide technical support to the case management staff on GBV case documentation through GBVIMS forms/system management and reporting.
- Review existing GBV case files/ documents for case conferences together with the protection manager and other relevant technical staff for effective case outcomes.
- Under the supervision of the Protection Coordinator undertake regular field monitoring visits and provide support tools to monitor quality of programme implementation
- Support in any other assigned duties by the protection coordinator
Networking and partnerships
- Maintain collaborative working relationships with the GBV technical working groups at national and Erbil level in coordination with the protection manager.
- Represent the program with national authorities, non-state actors, UN agencies, NGOs, donors. ● In coordination with the Protection Coordinator ensure that main GBV concerns are brought to relevant stakeholders to advocate for the respect of human rights and minimum protection standards
- Review, update, finalize and roll out the GBV SOPs and Cash for protection (CFP) guidelines to enable a smooth functioning for the GBV team’s qualitative work.
- Finalize and roll out the GBV training package for the team for effective project startup and outcomes .
- BA in relevant field (Social Science, Psychology, Social Work, Human Rights, International Humanitarian Law or other fields related to social development and humanitarian work)
- Minimum of four years of relevant working experience in GBV protection-related sectors, preferably within an INGO.
- Strong theoretical, technical and practical knowledge and background in GBV programmes within the Iraq context is preferred coupled with the ability to work independently while remaining focused to the tasks.
- Excellent computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work and integrate in a multicultural team including in networking with partners, authorities and donors diplomatically.
- Ability to work under pressure with flexibility is preferred
- Problem solver, dynamic, mature, proactive
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage efficiently multiple priorities, deadlines and tasks
- Solid time-management skills, resourcefulness and attention to details
- Excellent Report writing skills, experience with monitoring tools, and SOPs review and roll out.
- Capacities in developing training program in GBV
- Commitment to INTERSOS principles
- Understanding of the local language (Kurdish & Arabic is essential), Good understanding of English language is mandatory.
- Address Erbil
- How to apply INTERSOS is an equal opportunity employer and reserves the right for everyone to apply to its vacancies without any discrimination. INTERSOS is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups, and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. For those interested and who meet the required criteria, please apply below. Kindly note that: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Your resume must be uploaded in PDF format. INTERSOS is reviewing applications on a rolling basis, and we reserve the right to close the vacancy before the mentioned closing date. The preference will be given to qualified candidates from the recruitment area.