- Operate and monitor 1MW 11kv packaged power generator systems, emphasizing electrical systems during deployment, ensuring optimal performance and adherence to safety and quality standards.
- Carry out electrical maintenance on site critical 11KV power generation system.
- Conduct routine electrical and basic mechanical maintenance tasks, inspections, and service checks on Diesel driven power generators to ensure the reliability of electrical and mechanical components.
- Identify and address electrical issues promptly, minimizing downtime and ensuring uninterrupted operation.
- Monitor and regulate generator output voltage, ensuring it meets specified requirements and making adjustments as necessary.
- Utilize data logging tools to record electrical performance data, voltage levels, and other relevant metrics. Prepare regular reports.
- Monitor and manage stock levels of critical and consumable spares as per the user manuals and create initial purchase requests for low stock items for submittal to the SCM team.
- Use of MS Excel to carry out and record maintenance as per the planned maintenance routines and record the service history.
- Monitor the generators and identify abnormal situations, taking appropriate actions to prevent failure.
- Understand production targets and how the electrical maintenance team can influence delivery of these targets.
- Work alongside Operation Technicians and assist in the commissioning and start-up of plant and equipment, to build knowledge levels.
- Formal education and qualification to Technical Diploma level
- Previous experience (2-4 Years) specifically with electrical aspects of power generators.
- Practical knowledge and experience of working on HV Industrial equipment associated with Oil & Gas production, Process and Utilities systems in the role of Electrical Technician or similar.
- Experience of working with Power Generation and Distribution systems.
- Experience of working on Electrical equipment in Hazardous Areas.
- Understanding of the actions to be taken in the case of an Emergency on the plant or associated facilities outages.
- Familiar with permit to work systems, isolation procedures and safety management systems.
- Understanding of Electrical safety rules and industry HSE practices applicable to job role
- Experience of working in a high H2S process plant.
- Experienced to the level of Authorized or Senior authorized electrical person (AP, SAEP)
- Experience of Maximo (CMMS) to carry out and record maintenance as per the plans
- Experience of working in a project environment.
- Ability to interpret/mark-up technical (electrical/mechanical) drawings.
- Good English language communication skills – verbal/written.
- Technical problem-solving skills.
- Planning of daily work tasks
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team.
- Keep calm under pressure.
- Proactive approach to safety.
- Address Atrush