Description of Duties
- Conduct assessment of the existing TPM datasets and identify requirements for data cleaning and engineering.
- Conduct key informant interviews with TPM staff and end users.
- Manage and maintain geospatial datasets, ensuring robust archiving system.
- Develop a framework for the GIS system, based on the needs and requirements identified during the assessment.
- Identify key performance indicators and type of analysis to be performed on the data.
- Support setup of ArcGIS online portal, including the creation and management of user accounts, configuring the online portal settings, security settings and user privileges, as well as managing the organizational content for end users within the portal gallery.
- ArcGIS portal management, maintenance, and administration, including data back-up.
- Create symbology library, map layers (including features and attribute tables), standardized map and dashboard templates.
- Draft technical documentation to document the GIS system development process.
- Build interactive web maps, dashboards, and web applications.
- Implement remote sensing products.
- Remote sensing data analysis.
- Develop geoprocessing models to automate GIS workflows using programming and/or model builder applications.
- Support development of GIS training materials and deliver GIS-related trainings for project beneficiaries.
- Provide on-the-job training and technical support to support GIS-related work of project beneficiaries.
- Develop standard operating procedures and user guides for GIS-based systems.
- Support to draft project progress reports.
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Graduate of an Institute or University in the field of Information Technology, Information Management, Geo-informatics or GIS, or Computer Sciences, or similar field.
- At least 5 years of working experience with GIS.
- Experience in the humanitarian field is an advantage.
- In-depth knowledge of database and GIS software, and computer networks
- Good knowledge of related hardware and peripheral equipment.
- Experience in humanitarian information management, GIS, database management, data visualization, or data analysis is a strong advantage.
- Understanding data QA/QC processes for information management are essential.
- Hold advanced skills in MS-Access and MS SQL Server.
- Experience in configuration of ArcGIS Enterprise geoportal would be an advantage.
- Good knowledge of programming theory and relational database principles would be an advantage.
- Good knowledge of Remote Sensing is an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience with remote sensing tools such as ERDAS – ENVI – SAGA – GRASS – ILWIS – Global mapper are an advantage.
- Ability to coordinate with government staff, NGOs and other agencies.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Flexible and adaptable to any situation.
- Self-reliant and able to work independently are essential.
- Ability to travel to perform duties.
- Resilience to working in potentially challenging environments.
- ArcGIS Pro/QGIS
- ArcGIS Online
- ArcGIS Enterprise
- MS Office
- Google Earth Pro and Google Earth Engine
- Remote Sensing platforms
- MS Access and SQL Server, MySQl, PostgreSQL
- Power BI/Tableau
- R studio or other dashboarding software
- Adobe Suite
Personnel is expected to conduct itself in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and iMMAP’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all Countries.
iMMAP has zero-tolerance for sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse and exploitation. Any violations of these principles and policies will be treated as serious misconduct.
iMMAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background.
- Address Justice Tower Floor 12
- How to apply You may apply through below link: https://careers.immap.org/jobs/1196