Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a GOC Completions Inspector – E&I with Compex certification in Iraq. This role is aimed at local Iraqi nationals.
As part of the ROO Completions and Handover Group and reporting to the ROO Completions & Handover Manager, the following key roles and responsibilities should be fulfilled by the Completions & Handover Engineer. The main functions will be documentation reviews, data verifications and data uploads, vendor site visits and assistance with Inspection activities.
- Complete familiarity and experience in the use of a Completions System. Go Completions GoC preferred.
- Recognised Engineering qualification and / or a proven relative Industry experience in Completions and Handovers. Minimum 10 years experience.
- Strong Communication skills to present the GO Completions (GOC) System and Process to Contractors/Vendors and hold Completions and Handover Progress meetings with Contractors.
- Have a full understanding of Engineering drawings for all disciplines.
- Ability and experience to manage across all disciplines and diverse cultures.
- Has previously held a lead role in Completions and Handovers.
- Manage and support Discipline Inspectors on the Completions Process and ITR completion.
- Management and co-ordination of GOC construction and inspection activities.
- Fully conversant with the theory and implementation of Limits of System Handover (LOSH).
- Understanding of Instrumentation Equipment, tubing connection systems and Calibration methods.
- Understanding of Hazardous Area Equipment and Protection Concepts
- Strong experience with electrical isolation and electrical safety concepts.
- COMPEX certification would be advantangeous.
- A Safety Leader
Skills / Qualifications
Inspectors shall be competent in the requirements for electrical inspection in the country where the items inspected will be used.
For inspection of equipment in non-hazardous areas electrical inspectors shall be a licensed electrician with knowledge of the applicable standards and have a minimum of five years oil and gas industry experience and satisfy the requirements of the International Association of Electrical Inspectors (IAEI) criteria for Certified Electrical Inspector (CEI) Master.
For inspection of hazardous area equipment and high voltage areas inspectors shall have the competence for electrical inspection noted above with additional qualifications as in Hazardous Area Equipment Competency Requirements and high voltage training.
The inspector will be able to prepare concise, legible reports of activities conducted.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!