Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a GOC Completions Inspector – Well Handovers in Iraq. This role is aimed at local Iraqi nationals.
As part of the ROO Completions and Handover Group and reporting to the ROO Completions & Handover Manager, the following key roles and responsibilities should be fulfilled by the Completions & Handover Engineer. The main functions will be documentation reviews, data verifications and data uploads, vendor site visits and assistance with Inspection activities.
- Complete familiarity and experience in the use of a Completions System. Go Completions GoC preferred.
- Recognised Engineering qualification and / or a proven relative Industry experience in Completions and Handovers. Minimum 10 years experience.
- Strong Communication skills to present the GO Completions (GOC) System and Process to Contractors/Vendors and hold Completions and Handover Progress meetings with Contractors.
- Have a full understanding of Engineering drawings for all disciplines.
- Ability and experience to manage across all disciplines and diverse cultures.
- Has previously held a lead role in Completions and Handovers.
- Manage and support Discipline Inspectors on the Completions Process and ITR completion.
- Management and co-ordination of GOC construction and inspection activities.
- Fully conversant with the theory and implementation of Limits of System Handover (LOSH).
- Previous experience with Civil completions and Site Survey work would be an advantage.
- Familiarity with Subsurface equipment and Wellhead configuration an advantage.
- Strong knowledge of isolation procedures essential.
- A Safety Leader
Skills / Qualifications
Bachelor or associate degree in relevent discipline.
Extensive experience in construction and inspection on piping system, wells, completions.
Extensive knowledge, skill and experience in construction/fabrication quality activities.
Formal technical training related to wells and completion.
Experience working in client role on major production facilities projects is preferred.
International code/standard / specification knowledge
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!