VA No. UNDP / VA23-62
Position Title: Government Coordination Officer
Duty Station: Baghdad
Contract Type: Stars Orbit Consultants and Management Development
Duration: 4 months
VA Date of Issue: 7 September 2023
VA Closure Date: 11 September 2023
TERMS AND CONDITIONS TO APPLY
- CV must be submitted online in PDF along with your Education Graduation Certificate. Link to Apply:
- Use the English language only.
- Indicate all your job TOR.
- indicate clear years of experience with each job (Month/Year)
- If the candidate is currently employed by a government institution, he/she must be able to provide an unpaid leave of absence for the duration of the consultancy.
- Only candidates who are short-listed will be contacted.
- By submitting your application, you have read the Terms of Reference for this position and agree that any false, wrong, or incomplete information might lead to your disqualification in this recruitment process.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Economics, Social Sciences, International Relations, Political Sciences, Engineering, or related field; OR
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Economics, Social Sciences, International Relations, Political Sciences, Engineering, or related field with an additional two (2) years of relevant experience.
- Fluent in Arabic is required, other local languages would be considered an advantage.
- Good command of English (writing and speaking) is expected.
- Minimum two (2) years of extensive coordination and development experience.
- Proven ability to work with multi-disciplinary crisis-liaise with government authorities.
- Experience with the UN or INGOs working in crisis-affected countries would be an advantage.
Scope of Work
- Coordinate with various central government stakeholders to support the government’s efforts towards achieving the Iraq Vision 2030 for Sustainable Development.
- Liaison between UNDP management and key government officials at the central government level to support integrated services and platforms for a coordinated approach to boost the efforts of the government of Iraq to transition from conflict and stabilization to sustainable development to address structural challenges and adopt a holistic approach to ensure the success of sustainable reconstruction and rehabilitation.
- Develop and maintain strong and healthy relationships, in addition to establishing effective communication channels with different government counterparts, such as the Ministry of Planning (MoP), Ministry of Finance (MoF), Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA), Ministry of Education (MoEd), Ministry of Health (MoH), Ministry of Agriculture (MoA), Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs (MoLSA), Ministry of Water, Ministry of Electricity, and other Ministries and Agencies of GoI to ensure effective coordination and implementation of UNDP Iraq’s programs.
- Coordinate closely with line ministries and partners, such MoMD and MoI to deliver long-term, sustainable development solutions to Internally displaced persons (IDPs) and mainstream conflict-sensitive approaches to all programming to address the underlying challenges of exclusion, marginalization and societal divisions through each pillar and to contribute to addressing key drivers of conflict, particularly concerning strengthening the peace-dividends associated with service delivery to increase state legitimacy, and reduce local tensions in areas of hardest return and identified volatility.
- Engage with key government stakeholders to identify the strategic programme areas of cooperation for discussion with UNDP senior management to support the development of project proposals and ensure their alignment with national priorities.
- Act as UNDP Stabilization Pillar focal point in all central government offices and provide the necessary support as needed.
- Provide strategic advice and support to UNDP Senior Management that will be considered for the planning and implementing activities under the various pillars.
- Monitor the progress of projects and activities and provide strategic advice and input when necessary to ensure effectiveness and impact.
- Prepare timely reports on the progress of project activities in the area of responsibility with a specific focus on the indicators achieved, in line with scheduled reporting deadlines, including regular updating, challenges, and risk.
- Provide substantive input and advice about UNDP interventions that will be used to develop annual work plans.
- Manage and obtain all required documentation from the various central government and non-government counterparts in a timely manner.
- Improve and boost central government/ministerial capacities to sustain stabilization gains, deliver effective and efficient public services and perform core government functions.
- Strengthen government ownership over the Stabilization agenda by coordinating and implementing the Iraq Vision 2030 agenda for Sustainable Development.
- How to apply CV must be submitted online in PDF along with your Education Graduation Certificate. Link to Apply: https://jobs.my-soc.org/apply/20230907160348/Nc0GoFiyrOLVI6J8KST92n7Df Use the English language only. Indicate all your job TOR. indicate clear years of experience with each job (Month/Year) If the candidate is currently employed by a government institution, he/she must be able to provide an unpaid leave of absence for the duration of the consultancy. Only candidates who are short-listed will be contacted. By submitting your application, you have read the Terms of Reference for this position and agree that any false, wrong, or incomplete information might lead to your disqualification in this recruitment process.