We are currently seeking for passionate and dynamic guest focused Human Resources professionals who pride themselves on their ability to deliver extraordinary levels of customer service and provide creative solutions to our employees.
As a Government Relations Officer you are responsible for processing and carrying out all transactions relating to visas, permits, licenses, registration, pertaining to employees, hotel vehicles and the hotel itself, liaising with various Government Departments and Agencies and your role will include key responsibilities such as:
• Process all types of visas including employment visas, residence visas for employees as well as for entertainers
• Process and renew of permits and licenses including hotel trade license, liquor trading license, chamber of commerce certificates of registration, civil defense certificate for the hotel, etc.
• Process and renew of entertainers permits/N.O.C through Department of Tourism
• Registration process and renew for all hotel vehicles
• Obtain permits for special promotions such as raffles, publishing or advertisement displays as required
• Be up to date with regard to any changes or amendments to the prevailing laws / rules / regulations, changes in forms / formats and other procedures and keep the Human Resources Department advised of such changes
• Submit relevant documents periodically to the immigration / labour office with regard to cancelled / absconding employees and delete from the hotel’s sponsorship list
• Complete departure and exit formalities for employees after cancellation of visas
• Obtain quarterly sponsorship reports from the immigration / labour office and tally sponsorships and re-submit to immigration / labour office with relevant support documents
Education, Qualifications & Experiences
You should have a diploma or degree in a related discipline with experiences in the same role. You must be fluent in written and spoken Arabic and English and a computer literate.
Knowledge & Competencies
The ideal candidate will be result oriented, self motivated and with a positive attitude. You have the ability to think laterally and have strong social skills and a presence, enabling you to interact and deal with officials effectively. You portray a fair leadership style and be easily approachable for all employees, while possessing following additional competencies:
Understanding Hotel Operations
Planning for Business
Drive for Results