Purpose of Division:
Islamic Relief Worldwide (IRW) is an international relief and development charity which envisages a caring world where people unite to respond to the suffering of others, empowering them to fulfil their potential. We are an independent Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) founded in the UK in 1984 . Working in 47 countries, we promote sustainable economic and social development by working with local communities to eradicate poverty, illiteracy and disease. We also respond to disasters and emergencies, helping people in crisis. Islamic Relief provides support regardless of religion, ethnicity or gender and without expecting anything in return.
Islamic Relief’s (IR) has been working in Iraq for more than 14 years. IR was on the ground throughout the military incursions and is one of the few aid agencies that continued working during and after the 2003 war.
Islamic Relief Worldwide Iraq is implementing several projects in the sector of Food, WASH, Health, Education, GBV, and shelters.
An exciting opportunity has become available for the position of Grants and Program Development Coordinator as part of our organization’s strategic growth. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing concept notes, proposals, managing donor reports, and overseeing information and grants management within his portfolio. Reporting to the Head of Programme, the Grants and Program Development Coordinator will play a critical role in programmatic and budgetary monitoring, ensuring compliance with both donor and internal IRW Iraq rules and regulations, and performing other essential functions as required.
Under the supervision of the HoP, the Grants and Program Development Coordinator will provide strategic and operational guidance, lead resource mobilization efforts to achieve annual funding targets, and help diversify revenue from institutional donors and non-traditional funding sources and IRW Member officers to support the achievement of IRW Iraq’s strategic objectives.
- Research, analyse and plan for new funding opportunities, and IRW Iraq’s competitive positioning continuously within the marketplace promptly in coordination with HoP.
- Support effective internal communication and information management processes to ensure access and use of Business Development (BD) information by relevant stakeholders within the organization, including maintaining an up-to-date opportunity matrix.
- Lead the country program’s opportunity pipeline tracking and analysis.
- In collaboration with the program team, foster a culture of business development within the country program by contributing to the development and dissemination of standardized BD materials (learning resources, guidelines, tools and templates, and online information) and building capacity of country program staff on their application, through staff mentorship, modelling of good practices, and training.
- Support key staff to develop and maintain key relationships with donors with an eye toward opportunity identification, shared value creation, strategic alliance formation, and global brand positioning.
- Strategy and Business Development (30%)
- Develop and deliver the strategy for IRW Iraq new business development, marketing and communication, appropriate to need and responsive to opportunity, in close collaboration with the Senior Management and Programme Technical team.
- In coordination with IRW Iraq Senior management and programme technical team, coordinate the establishment and operation of proposal and bid teams-at country level and field offices.
- Work with IRW Iraq staff and/or IR Regional Office (including programme, finance, fundraising, Communication and MEAL) to develop and submit large scale/multi-year proposals and tender bids ensuring that applications are high quality, aligned with IRW Iraq priorities, demonstrate impact, and offer value for money.
- Review and provide feedback on proposals and tender bids ensuring compliance with proposal development guidelines
- Provide ongoing guidance on donor policy and focus and identify institutional funding prospects beyond IRW Iraq traditional donors
- Help to build the turnover of organisation to the set annual target (i.e. £10 Million).
- Donor/Partner Liaison, relationship building, Fundraising, and influencing (30%)
- Work effectively across the organisation to identify current funding requirements to realize strategic plan. Take responsibility for contributing to an annual fundraising target.
- Support IRW Iraq programme staff to develop and manage strategic consortium partnerships with appropriate INGOs, CSOs, academic organisations and private sector firms to leverage IRW Iraq chances of success in competitive calls for proposals and tender bids
- Support IRW Iraq Programme unit to conduct donor scoping exercises and develop programme-led fundraising strategies
- Support IRW Iraq senior Management and programme technical teams by identifying and facilitating opportunities for relationship building with key donors and partners.
- Initiate and manage existing and potential strategic corporate and media relationships, together with the senior management team/country director.
- Review IRW Iraq current communication tools and re-work the communication strategy in line with key business plan principles.
- Review existing corporate and community Fundraising systems and concepts and develop appropriate plans and strategies with support from the senior management team/country director.
- Grants Management & Compliance: (20%)
- Develop and maintain grants management tools, such as funding trackers, reporting calendars, templates, and compliance guideline documents; and ensure the team is aware of these timelines.
- Support the HoP and the program team in conducting IRW Iraq’s Project Cycle Meetings (PCM), including ensuring grant/project opening, implementation and closing meetings take place promptly.
- Support the preparation of donor reports and ensure that reports are of high quality and submitted on time as per the donor requirements.
- Assist in preparations for external monitoring visits, reviews, and audits, and cross-site evaluations and participate as appropriate.
- With support from IRW’s regional and HQ grants staff, address donor compliance questions from IRW Iraq program and finance staff to ensure compliance with donor regulations.
- Assist the Program and Operations team in preparing, reviewing, and modifying memoranda of understanding and contracts of grant agreements, liaising with relevant HQ departments, as needed.
- Establish and maintain electronic and hard copy files for each grant-funded project to be used for tracking and reporting purposes.
Bachelor’s degree in relevant field and applicable experience in nonprofit governance, administration, grants management, including BD and compliance.
- 5 years of experience in a grant management and business development role, preferably with an INGO.
- Prior grants management experience and familiarity with USG (USAID/BHA, BPRM), European (FCDO, ECHO, SIDA, AFD, EuropeAid), Canadian (GAC), and UN (UNHCR, UNFPA, UNICEF, WFP) donor regulations, procedures and requirements.
- Demonstrated experience with coordinating funding proposals and progress reports from institutional and private donors.
- Demonstrated experience as proposal writer, as well as readiness to take a leading wrote on proposal and concept note writing, based on in depth consultations with the DDP and technical coordinators.
- Ability to efficiently deal with competing priorities and respect deadlines.
- Interest and commitment to working with local partners.
- PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong emotional intelligence and resilience, and able to maintain composure – acting in a calm and measured way, in difficult situations.
- Strong & confident communication skills which deliver information persuasively and with clarity in a wide range of situations.
- Has a positive demeanor and disposition, and is able to overcome setbacks by motivating self and others.
- Has a learning attitude and a continuous improvement philosophy.
Core Values (Required):
- Diversity and Inclusion.
Core Competencies (Required):
- Working with People.
- Drive for Results.
Functional Competencies (Required):
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts.
- Planning and organizing.
- CONTACTS/KEY RELATIONSHIPS
PROBLEM-SOLVING (Thinking Environment)
- Ability to deal with complex situations and solve issues and problems.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND LEVEL OF TRAVEL REQUIRED
The individual in this role is expected to travel to field offices in Thi Qar, Diyala, and Halabja, as well as other operational governorates, including Erbil, Dohuk, Anbar, Kirkuk, Basra, Baghdad, Thi Qar, and Maysan, among others.
- Address Atconz R2/70 (New Azadi)
- Salary Offer According to the IRW-Iraq Salary scale USD According to the IRW-Iraq Salary scale Month
- How to apply Dear Applicant: If you are a Programme person, experienced, competent, reliable, service minded, dedicated and a highly motivated professional, with a strong commitment to IRW’s values and beliefs, please apply by downloading the application pack from below link and forward the filled and completed form to: [email protected] before the closing time & date (Thursday, 04:00 pm, 18 January 2024). - Please write the position title: (Grants and Program Development Coordinator) in the subject of the email. - CVs will not be accepted. - Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Islamic Relief is an equal opportunities employer. Our values and commitment to safeguarding IRW is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom IRW engages. IRW expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us. The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organization. All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records checks. IRW also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
- Job Reference https://islamicrelief-my.sharepoint.com/:w:/g/personal/harem_hadi_ir-iraq_org/ERm4xi3TiQxMub196vnlQZEBXLy0CX8LibNfR6xMtAd8dA?e=Ra8oXb