Under the line management of the Regional Technical Unit Manager and the daily coordination and functional management of the Regional Grants Developer (RGD), the Grants development senior officer contributes to the structuration and development of project proposals for the program in full coordination and support to the country teams and the Regional Technical Unit. He/she ensures high quality and time-effective development of project proposals and he/she contributes to the fundraising of the program.
He/she will be responsible for the following:
- Ensuring the high quality and time-effective development of project proposals – of the funding opportunities identified in liaison with the RGD – and in collaboration with key contributors;
Support the program in implementing its fundraising strategy
Responsibility 1: Proposals development
Objective: 1. Ensure high quality and time-effective proposals development for fundraising (of the funding opportunities identified in liaison with the RGD)
Activities: In liaison with the RGD, she/he contributes to and/or is responsible for the following activities:
- Coordinate with the RGD, HQ, and NAs for NOFO guidance and donor pre-requisites;
- Plan and coordinate the proposal development process: manage the retro-planning for submission including ARCI and coordination with external stakeholders (HQ and National Associations – NAs), clarify and support compliance to donors’ requirements, facilitate kick-off meetings, ensure time-effectiveness and respect of submission deadline;
- Ensure coherence between operational aspects, MEAL, technical approaches, and budgeting;
- Provide guidance/support to the writing of projects’ proposal narratives, ensuring compliance to donors’ instructions, priorities, and specificities;
- Guarantee the final quality of the projects’ proposal narratives, both in terms of content and formalization;
- Guarantee the completeness and final compliance of the proposal package submissions to the call for proposals’ guidelines and donors’ requirements;
- If proposals are approved, follow up on the contractual issues with related HI actors and establish the donors’ sheet.
- Support the RGD in identifying appropriate/competitive teaming arrangements (consortiums, multi-country projects) and conducting/undertaking due diligence processes;
- For consortiums, support the RGD in managing coordination, communication, and inputs from subs during project development;
Responsibility 2: Support to fundraising
- Objective: Support missions’ fundraising strategies
Activities: In liaison with the RGD, she/he contributes for the following activities
- Contribute to supporting the RD and CMs in the plan for fundraising (Compass);
- Participate in the Operational Monthly Follow-up meetings and contribute to managing and updating the MEReP proposal follow-up/funding opportunities matrix;
- Support the discussion with donors in coordination with CMs and PD when necessary or to develop new opportunities;
- Liaise with NAs and for all issues related to donors relations and communication (general communication or networking);
- Maintain HI’ accounts on institutional portals (HRP, OCHA, UNICEF, etc) up to date;
- Produce external material (factsheets, leaflet, capacity statement, etc).
Note that this job description must remain flexible, to respond to additional tasks or changes as identified by the line manager.
- Advanced degree in Social Studies or related domain.
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in international development and/or emergency and post-crisis environments.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in grants development (compulsory to have solid past experience in developing project proposals and not managing grants).
- Preferably a master in Social Studies or related domain.
- Experience in working with INGOs.
- Regional experience in the Middle East.
- Advanced writing capacities in English.
- Advanced proposal writing skills in English.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Adapting communication and messages to an intercultural environment.
- Proactive, shows initiative/entrepreneurial.
- Working as part of a team/network, cooperating.
- Respect for the opinion and enhancement of the skills of others with a view to shared action.
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback; discussing with multi-disciplinary teams, working as part of a network and collaborating.
- Resilience to stress and uncertainty
Handicap International strongly encourages applications from persons with disabilities for all positions. If you have any support or access requirements, we highly encourage you to let us know through your application or before submission
The working hours are the following:
Sunday till Thursday, from 8.00 AM to 4:30 PM with 1/2 hour lunch break. The work duration is fixed but the working hours can vary according to the planning of activities.
It can be exceptionally requested to work on Friday or Saturday. In that case a day off is planned before the end of the month.
Note that working time can go up to 48 hours per week if it is required by the volume of activities and by the line manager. In that case the overtime will be considered as recovery time to be planned by the line manager before the end of the month.
‘’The Employee undertakes to adhere to HI policies which include:
- Terms and conditions of engagement (T&C)
- Internal regulation (IR)
- Child protection policy (CPP)
- Protection of beneficiaries from sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment (PSEAH)
- Antifraud and bribery
- Code of Conduct (CoC)
- How to apply Handicap International is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from females and persons with disabilities Interested candidates may please send their CV with cover letter so as to reach on or before 16th Dec 2023 Only applications completed in accordance with the following instructions will be Taken into consideration, the others will be rejected automatically. Mentioning clearly in the subject line of your e-mail the reference: Ref: HI-IRQ-ERB- GRNTOFF-3 -703 Your application will not be taken into consideration if this information is omitted from the Subject line of your e-mail Please address all applications to: [email protected] Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted CVs that are sent as photo, screen shot or by link will not be considered.
- Job Reference Ref: HI-IRQ-ERB- GRNTOFF-3 -703