Please note this role will be based permanently in Erbil, Kurdistan Region, Iraq.
The GSE Technician is responsible to help in the modernisation, on-site service and periodic maintenance of Passenger boarding bridges (PBBs).
– Review the maintenance assignments involving but not limited to preventive, routine and emergency maintenance of PBBs, Airport buses and maintenance of other Ground Support Equipment. Prioritize accordingly to ensure timely completion of maintenance and repair work, whilst considering any ad-hoc maintenance requests that may arise during the shift.
– Health and safety responsibilities
– Diagnose, Troubleshoot, repair, and maintain airport passenger boarding bridge and related controls equipment, components, and systems.
– Consults with manufacture on the installations and modifications of current electrical controls and systems.
– Provide emergency/unscheduled and scheduled maintenance repairs of equipment and facilities.
– Complete daily work log and work order paperwork for tasks accomplished during shift.
– Respond to maintenance calls when required and/or requested.
– Reads and interprets repair manuals, basic schematics, and supervisor/manager’s instructions to perform maintenance and service.
– Ensure that safety and security procedures are always complied with while conducting assigned responsibilities.
– Ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with other Technicians to accomplish assignments and achieve desired maintenance goals.
– Responsible for the health and safety duty of care at the workplace.
– Ensure to report any hazards, injuries, ill-health or near miss to your supervisor or employer.
– Cooperate with your employer when they require something to be done for health and safety at the workplace.
Qualifications & Experience
– Bachelor’s degree or Diploma holder in a related field
– 3-5 years of experience in Maintenance – Mechanical, Hydraulic, Electrical and Electronics.
– Excellent knowledge in Maintenance of Passenger Boarding Bridges, Airport buses, Heavy Duty equipment and other Ground Support Equipment
– Ability to read and interpret schematics and troubleshooting charts.
– Knowledge of IT and spare parts stores is desirable
Salary & Benefits
We offer an attractive salary, commensurate to the local market.