What Mehad is about:
Mehad- is a humanitarian medical aid and relief, non- -profit, non-governmental, organization. It was founded in January 2012, with the vision to work under a unified strategic framework aiming to provide medical services and support to affected people and communities, regardless of nationality, ethnicity, gender, religion, or political loyalty.
Job Description Details:
The Program Manager in MEHAD has a strategic role in:
- Leading on humanitarian planning for MEHAD response.
- Quality programming in the administration of the Program.
- Managing and improving MEHAD projects management systems within the humanitarian context in the NES and inside Iraq.
- Direct oversight and direction responsibilities of the following thematic technical advisors and coordinators: (The heads of departments):
Projects Senior Coordinator (Head of Program) + Partnerships Senior Coordinator (Head of Partnerships).
Direct support role in producing the multi sectors related updates under the one unified program of MEHAD in the monthly humanitarian sitrep reports which will be shared with the HoM in ERBIL.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Programing, Projects Management, and Partnerships:
- Supervise and monitor the overall implementation of the projects’ plans.
- Supervise the senior coordinators of the two functions (Partnerships Sen. Co. + Projects Sen. Co.) under the one unified MEHAD Program Administration.
- Enhance the resolving of the problems of deviations in the implementation of the projects.
- Ensure effective coordination and cooperation between the various departments, functions, and units, and the HoM to achieve the strategic objectives of MEHAD.
- Lead the Coordination between the two heads of departments, from one side and the Field Offices, Technical, and Support administrations, from the other side, to set the operational plan of MEHAD and achieve its objectives.
- Provide technical and administrative support to the two Heads of functions, assisting them in solving the problems they encounter.
- Review the monthly prepared reports for each function and submit them to the HoM.
- Present developmental ideas and suggestions regarding project implementation procedures in MEHAD organization.
- Attend the meetings of the SMT of the organization (as SMT member), expressing opinions and proposals for developing work, and participating in the strategic discussions and decisions making processes.
- Participate in the multiple processes of the project’s life cycles, as SMT member, and as head of Program Administration.
- Conduct any other tasks assigned to her/him by the HoM within the limits of their competence.
- Manage the process of building, developing and maintaining relationships with donors of the current ongoing projects and for new projects.
- Continuous communication with the donor during the implementation of the project phases.
- Prepare the annual operational plan for the two departments supervised, distributing it into interim assignments and milestones.
- Represent the organization in programmatic, informative and high level of coordination platforms.
- Participate in the meetings of the SMT internally in the organization actively.
- Develop and train the two departments’ team members and periodically evaluate their performance.
- Develop the organization’s profile and other identification and implementation tools.
- Improving the mental image of the organization in front of the donors related to the organization’s program and activities.
- Advocacy for sustainability of the funding of the projects.
- Advocacy of the comprehensive integrated approach of the one unified program of MEHAD. (Comprehensive Health centered program, integrated with protection, Nutrition, and ER).
- Supervise designing the Program Administration strategy.
- Supervise the weekly task planner for the two supervised functions.
- Follow up and update the annual SMT members tasks chronogram.
- BA in Business, administration, finance, or any related field. MA is preferred.
- At least 5 years’ experience working in the grants / projects / Programs management under the Humanitarian field.
- MS – Office, Advanced in Excel.
- Using Webinar platforms
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to deal sensitively with people from a variety of cultural and social backgrounds.
- Willing to adapt to MEHAD values without compromising personal beliefs and principles.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to interact with staff in a professional and helpful manner.
- High presentation skills to facilitate workshops, meetings, …etc.
- High communication skills, especially in virtual events.
- Working under unstable humanitarian situation.
- Budgeting and reporting skills.
- Proposal writing skills.
- New fund opportunities identification skills and knowledge.
- Excellent managerial skills.
- Proven Experience and knowledge in Strategic planning.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Arabic and English (Required)
- Average Kurdish (Preferable).
MEHAD Erbil Office
- How to apply Interested candidates who meet the above mentioned qualifications should fill the form below and submit their cv Indicating the reference code no AHR-2023-008. Mehad HR Will communicate just with a chosen candidate who achieves work analysis.