The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral and independent international humanitarian organisation, which assists and protects victims of armed conflicts and other situations of violence. The ICRC is currently looking for staff for its support operations in Iraq.
- By joining our organization, you will have an opportunity to practise your profession in stimulating, complex and sometimes challenging environments, where your work can really make a difference.
- You will work with colleagues from various fields of expertise in a cross-cutting manner to help victims of conflict and other situations of violence. You will be dealing with humanitarian situations that require experience, resourcefulness and innovation to achieve the best possible impact.
- You will work for the oldest major international humanitarian organization in the world, adding to your sense of achievement in alleviating the suffering of people and communities and giving you the chance to promote humanitarian values in these turbulent times
- You will benefit from a competitive employment package, including different possibilities for career and personal development. You will take part in an onboarding course and follow continuous training, to build your career within the ICRC and beyond.
- Competitive compensation package, a monthly salary with benefits including (13th salary, end of service indemnity, medical coverage, life insurance, mobility allowance and social security scheme).
Job Title: Health Field Officer 2
Duty Station: Iraq – Najaf Sub-Delegation
Reports to: Health Team Leader
Duration of Contract: One-year fixed term contract (with the possibility of renewal to an open-ended contract where performance and competencies are key to be selected for further contractual continuity)
Date of Issue: 08 April 2021
Deadline for applications: 22 April 2021
Health Field Officer 2 contributes to implementing, running and monitoring the health programme(s) in cooperation with the health team, according to the objectives set out in the delegation’s annual planning (Planning for Results) for NAJ AoR. Based on the skills required for this position, s/he has the capacity to oversee programmes with a degree of autonomy and/or deliver services with autonomy (e.g. PHCC settings) and contributes actively to planning coordinating and report on health activities at field level.
Health Field Officer 2 interacts with health team (Health Team Leader, Health Coordinator, Health field Officers), NAJ Management and non-health staff in Najaf sub delegation.
Externally, S/he interacts with national health authorities and local stakeholders in Najaf Sub-Delegation area of responsibility.
- Participate in setting medical/clinical procedures and assuring the quality and the consistence of the ICRC support health component on the Primary Health Care Centres (PHCCs);
- Assists the Health Team Leader in designing operational strategies and planning the health regular programmes for Primary Health Care centres and ad hoc support for Hospitals in Najaf Sub Delegation area of responsibility (AoR);
- Monitor the supported health activities and the public health context;
- Conducts field assessments and participates in analysis of and reflection on the overall health situation;
- Contribute to field trip reporting and data collection;
- Ensures proper management of information collected and drafts appropriate, institutional documents, relevant weekly and monthly reports with data analysis in relation to the medical programs;
- Contributes to realistic project proposals in line with the delegation’s/ Najaf sub delegation’s objectives and priorities;
- Implements health programmes within Najaf area of responsibility, by continuous filed visits for the supported PHCCs or hospitals and identify the needs for training/support;
- Work on the on-site continuous capacity building of the PHCC staff;
- Executes administrative and office work related to the projects;
- Translates the needed documents from English into Arabic language and vice versa;
- Represents the ICRC in dialogue with health authorities and maintains contacts with health stakeholders (from PHCC, hospital to directorate of Health);
- Helps organize meetings; advises staff members on various matters such as culture, politics, the economy, security, etc. Interprets at meetings;
- Liaises and builds networks with local stakeholders to facilitate communication on and coordination of activities, thereby ensuring more efficient implementation of health programmes.
Education and Professional Experience required:
- Degree in medicine, nursing or other relevant health profession;
- Fluent speaking, writing and reading English;
- Qualifications in public health or health management a strong asset;
- Fluent written and spoken command of the Arabic language as well as English;
- Very good computer skills, including MS.
- How to apply All qualified and interested candidates should forward their applications with a detailed updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) indicating email and phone contacts with a minimum of two professional references, a cover letter stating why you think you have the necessary skills and qualifications for the said job opportunity and your salary expectations. Clearly marked to ([email protected]) with subject line: SURNAME First Name/ Vacancy tittle. Applications will only be accepted with valid residency and work permit in Iraq. The successful candidate will undergo a three months’ probation period. NB: If you have not heard from us by a Month of receiving your application, please consider your application unsuccessful. No Fee: ICRC DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, OR PROCESSING).