The project manager manages a project through which PUI aims to address the most urgent unmet needs of protracted IDPs unable or prevented from returning to their area of origin. Through Mobile Medical Units (MMUs), PUI will provide quality primary health care services through a tailored approach including health in informal settlements in Baghdad governorate (Latifiyah, Kilo 18) and Anbar governorate (Bzebez, Kilo 7, 9 and 18). MHPSS services will be provided in Baghdad governorate (Latifiyah, Kilo 18) and in Anbar governorate (Bzebez, Kilo 7, Kilo18 informal settlements). PUI will also implement community health activities along with community based MHPSS services (family and community supports and focused non-specialized services) and outreach campaigns. The project include community volunteering component. All activities presented have a strong capacity building component, with a focus on health and MHPSS enabling authorities and PUI staff to improve their capacities to provide comprehensive services.
The proposed action will be implemented in the governorates of Baghdad and Anbar, and will directly respond to the unmet needs of 11 095 conflict-affected persons in areas of high severity of needs in Iraq.
The overall objective of the Health and MHPSS Project Manager is to be continuously present in the field to ensure the quality implementation of Health and MHPSS activities in Anbar and Baghdad with a main focus on Mental Health and psychosocial support (perinatal mental health included) and Medical Mobile Units (MMUs) and Health awareness and promotion.
The Program Manager will be responsible for the supervision of the health and MHPSS activities ongoing in PHCCs, through MMUs and community out-reach activities.
The Health and MHPSS Project Manager reports to the Deputy Area Coordinator for Programs and is under the technical supervision of the Health and MHPSS technical coordinators.
Tasks and responsibilities
Programs: He/she ensures the proper implementation, supervision, quality and monitoring of the project in the area of operation
Human Resources: He/she oversees MHPSS and Health teams in Anbar and Baghdad governorates
Logistics and Administration: He/she provides logistical and administrative monitoring of activities under his/her responsibility.
Representation: At the request of his/her superiors, he/she represents the organization with partners, local authorities and stakeholders
involved in the implementation of programs his / her area of operation.
Security: He /she contributes to efforts aimed at ensuring compliance with safety rules at the site, and transmits all information relating to safety concerns to his/her immediate supervisor.
Strategy: He /she contributes to the development of new interventions based on identified needs.
Specific objectives and related activities
- ENSURE IMPLEMENTATION AND MONITORING OF PROGRAMS
- He/she ensures good communication between project teams and the beneficiary communities by ensuring that beneficiaries and local populations understand the project objectives and participate actively in their implementation.
- He/she ensures the efficient and effective implementation of the project by planning activities and ensuring that activities timelines are met. In the event of expected serious delays in project implementation, he/she immediately informs his/her supervisor and proposes solutions to remedy the situation.
- He/she ensures the technical design and quality of projects is appropriate, in collaboration with the Health and Mental Health technical coordinators.
- He/she ensures PUI project management and technical tools are properly used and implemented by the field team.
- He/she ensures the projects adhere to SPHERE standards and humanitarian accountability protocols.
- He/she ensures the proper functioning of programs falling under his/her responsibility, and ensures compliance with goals defined in the project proposal/s. Notably, with the support of CSI MEAL department, he/she tracks the performance indicators defined, reports on progress to his/her immediate supervisor, signals any difficulties encountered in project implementation, and proposes improvements or reorganization on a needs basis.
- He/she ensures the proper collection, follow-up and analysis of any necessary data collected in the context of the programs’ implementation with the support of the MEAL manager and in collaboration with any technical coordinator.
- He/she ensures proper archiving of all the documents, tools and training materials produced in the context of project/s and ensures the availability of the verification sources mentioned in the proposals.
- He/she transmits the internal and external reports to his/her immediate supervisor and to any technical coordinator while making sure to meet the internal deadlines for endorsement and the external contractual deadlines (donor reports). He/she contributes to the monthly report of the mission and to any technical report to be transmitted to technical Department.
- ENSURE THE MANAGEMENT OF PROGRAM TEAM
- He/she familiarizes himself/herself with the Internal Rules of Procedure of PUI for the mission and ensures that they are known and respected by the team.
- He/she supervises and manages directly his/her team.
- He/she guides the work of the project teams, tracks the realization of their objectives, and leads the mid-term and final staff evaluations.
- He/she participates in the hiring process of project staff, as well as in any decision related to the HR under his/her direct line management, in coordination with the Deputy Area Co.
- He/she prepares the job profiles of local staff under his/her immediate supervision.
- He/she assumes or delegates responsibility for the integration of new project-level staff, ensuring the project context, relevant tools and PUI policies are well understood.
- He/she ensures compliance with the Internal Rules of Procedure of PUI on the site.
- He/she ensures that each person is subject to a written evaluation at least once per contract period and per year, and at a minimum before leaving office.
- He/she identifies needs and completes training programs for local staff (organizational support, methodology, technical support as the case may be organization of training sessions…)
- ENSURE LOGISTICAL AND ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT FOR PROGRAMS
- He/she ensures the provision of adequate means necessary to implement properly programs in line with available budgets.
- He/she takes into account the time and logistical constraints of the mission, as well as the purchasing rules specific to the programs, in order to ensure that his/her requests are realistic in light of procurement timelines. He/she contributes to the analysis of supplier of bids for purchases with highly technical specifications.
- He/she communicates with the Logistic manager on a weekly basis his/her needs related to vehicles and communication equipment for the implementation of program/s.
- He/she participates in logistic meetings, to prepare the procurement plan at the beginning of the projects and on a weekly basis to follow the procurement process. He/she ensures that logistical, administrative and financial procedures linked to project implementation are established and alerts his superiors if gaps are observed in order that corrective action may be taken
- He/she participates in budget follow-up meetings, monitors the efficiency in the implementation of the projects (adequacy between means and resources allocated) and informs his/her superior in case of gap.
- He/she ensures that HR documents (attendance sheet, leave request, etc.) are communicated to the Administrative Manager on time.
- He/she ensures the administrative (partnerships, HR) aspects of project implementation are followed up by the Deputy Area Coordinator, Area Coordinator, Admin Base or Admin Coordinator where necessary.
- ENSURE THE REPRESENTATION OF PUI TO RELEVANT EXTERNAL STAKEHOLDERS
- He/she participates in relevant meetings in the area of operation, with local authorities, UN or I/NGO partners
- He/she participates in ad-hoc meetings according to the various humanitarian issues encountered in the field with the various stakeholders.
- He/she strengthens links with other humanitarian actors present in the area for a good coordination.
- In the event of visits from Donors, he/she participates actively in the preparation and the smooth organization of the visit.
- ENSURE THE SAFETY OF PROPERTY AND PEOPLE
- He/she ensures that the safety plan is known by the team falling under his/her responsibility, and that safety rules are respected.
- He/she manages the security of the team in day to day operations to very security sensitive areas (red zone areas), including using local contacts to get up to date information, planning back up security measures and tracking the team whilst in the field, and informing and submitting security checklist to CSI Security Advisor.
- He/she contributes to data collection on safety issues in his/her field of operations and disseminates them to the Area Coordinator and CSI Security Advisor regularly or on an ad-hoc basis if urgent.
- He/she must ensure that project/s, methodologies, or selection criteria do not place beneficiaries, PUI staff or any other persons in harm’s way. He/she alerts the Area Coordinator without delay, in case of impending danger to teams or beneficiaries.
- He/she ensures that members of his/her team and daily paid workers as the case may be, are provided with safety gear adapted to their activities (for example: gloves…).
- CONTRIBUTE TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF NEW PROPOSALS
- He/she analyses the humanitarian, political, social and security situation in the area and identifies key trends in collaboration with the Deputy Area/Area Coordinator.
- He/she designs, implements and coordinates assessments as decided in collaboration with the Deputy Area Coordinator and with the support of the MEAL Manager.
- In the context of identifying new operations, he/she contributes to the preparation of project proposals for IDPs/Returnees outside camp.
- He/she participates in the strategy development of the mission.
Direct management: 2 Health Officers (1 in Baghdad and 1 in Ramadi), 1 Health Liaison Officer
Indirect Management: 3 Psychologists, 3 Psychosocial Workers, 9 Health and Hygiene Promoters.
|Required knowledge and skills|
|EDUCATION / TRAINING||
|KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS||· Excellent writing skills both in English and Arabic
· Knowledge of project management
· Team management
· Knowledge of medical technical aspects
· Knowledge of Health system in Iraq
· Knowledge of Arabic culture
|· Ability to work in unstable circumstances|
|Required Personal Characteristics (fitting into team, suitability for the job and assignment/mission)|
|· Leadership skills and an ability to make decisions
· Ability to show authority, if necessary
· Analysis (discernment, pragmatism) and synthesis abilities
· Organization, rigor and respect of due dates
· Great ability to listen and to negotiate
· Good people skills and good communication skills
· Ability to remain calm and level-headed
· General ability to resist stress and in unstable circumstances particularly
- Address RAMADI BASE
- How to apply APPLICATION PROCESS In order to submit an application, all candidates are invited to fill the following google form by clicking on the link below: APPLY HERE - HEALTH & MHPSS PM Premiere Urgence Internationale will proceed to the preselection of candidates on a rolling basis and reserve the right to close the advertisement as soon as a candidate is identified for the position. Therefore, you are kindly invited to submit your application as soon as possible. Kindly note that all applications received by email or by paper will not be considered. Only those submitted through the application link will be processed. Premiere Urgence Internationale thanks you for your interest in the organization