Job Title: Help Desk Assistant/Information Technology
Institution: The American University of Kurdistan
Location: Duhok, Autonomous Kurdistan Region, Iraq
Job Type: Full Time
Posting Date: September 20, 2021
Closing Date: October 30, 2021
Salary: Competitive and Commensurate with experience
- Serve as the first point of contact for Staff and Students seeking technical assistance over the phone or email.
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions.
- Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by Staff and Students.
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel.
- Record events and problems and their resolution in logs.
- Pass on any feedback or suggestions by Staff and Students to the appropriate internal team.
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures.
- Monitor and respond quickly to incoming requests relate to IT issues.
- Maintain computer systems and act as support if any system goes down.
- Responsible for PC’s, Printers, smartboards, and related equipment (monitor, keyboard, mouse, hard drive, etc.).
- Maintain user PCs, including upgrades and configuration as needed.
- Assist with onboarding of new users.
- Keep inventory of all equipment, software, and license users.
- Install, configure, and upgrade PC software.
- Tech savvy with working knowledge of office automation products, databases, and remote control.
- Good understanding of computer systems, Printers and other tech products.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues.
- Proficiency in English.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Bachelor or diploma in IT, Computer Science, or relevant field.
- Experience at least two years in Computer science knowledge.
The search committee will begin a review of applications immediately and continue work until an appointment is made. To assure full consideration, include a letter of interest, analysis of qualifications, and curriculum vitae. Applications and nominations should be sent electronically with the subject “Help Desk Assistant/Information Technology” to the Human Resources ([email protected]).