- High level of hygienic standards.
- High level of respect for privacy and confidentiality.
- Excellent cooperating ability, both with national and international personnel.
- Communicative, mature and responsible.
- The Housekeeper – Part-Time, supports the project through consistent and thorough cleaning and hygienic upkeep of NPA properties (offices and accommodations). S/he communicates timely on any noted maintenance requirements and material needs to fulfil responsibilities. The Housekeeper does this under direct supervision of the Logistics Officer.
- Daily cleaning of often-used surfaces such as desk-tops and floors in public office/accommodation areas – including meeting areas, guard and kitchen cabins, and hygiene facilities – ensuring responsible and efficient use of materials provided; such as vacuum cleaner, mops, detergents, etc.
- Daily emptying of bins in a hygienic manner, placing full bags in the allocated place(s).
- Replenishing tissues, toilet paper, and similar items in the relevant areas of use.
- Regular (twice weekly at minimum) cleaning of private accommodation areas, including changing and washing of sheets, preparing bedrooms for guests based on expected arrival.
- Regular (twice monthly at minimum) deep cleaning of areas, removing dust build up, cobwebs, and other indicators of dirt – including windows, ceiling fans, windows, under/behind furniture, etc.
- Support in preparing for meetings with provision of refreshments requested.
- Support in maintaining clean and organized grounds of the compound (outside areas), including collection of litter.
- Request additional cleaning items based on need and responsible use, and report on any noticed breakages, repairs needed in the house to the logistics officer for repair.
- Any other task relevant to the department and role as requested by the private area occupants as related to these areas or generally by the LO, Logistics Assistant, Project Manager or Deputy Programme Manager – Central.
Guiding Policies, Documents, and Principles
- Adhere to all NPA policies, regulations and procedures; including those specific to the department including, but not limited to; NPA Iraq HR Policy, Confidentiality policy, environmental principles and guidelines.
- Work within the framework of NPA core values.
- Act as an ambassador for NPA, through professionalism and conduct.
- Follow all verbal and/or written instructions, unless in direct violation of safety and duty of care
- Maintain and care for all equipment issued by NPA and for any loss or damage, being liable for repair or replacement in case of damage resulting from negligence.
- Ensure a safe workplace and protect all staff and equipment from damage/ injury.
- Elementary School Certificate or proven basic numeracy and literacy skills.
- Experience in working with international NGO’s or similar work settings
- Attention to detail and hygienic standards.
- Trustworthy and responsive to realistic requests and constructive feedback.
- Able to work within the limits of the role with a high level of independence.
- Address Haditha
- How to apply To Apply: • Interested candidates are invited to submit their CVs via [email protected] • The subject of the email should be EHR-24-003 • Please make sure to follow the subject so that your CV will be reviewed. • CVs must be in English Language. • NPA is an equal opportunity employer and Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. • Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by email and/or phone call. • Unsuccessful candidates will not get a reply. • The Closing date is 14th February 2024.
- Job Reference EHR-24-003