Overall purpose of the role:
Administrative/HR Assistant, in coordination and cooperation with other support units, and supervised by the Project manager is responsible for helping in various administrative and human resources tasks.
- Ensure a proper filing of Personnel files both in hard copy and electronically
- Ensure that staff timesheets are submitted on time and properly filed.
- To keep staff attendance book and produce monthly attendance sheet.
- Ensure the DRC Basra Contact list is updated regularly and available on dropbox
- Ensure roper follow-up for all needs in office supplies for all offices.
- Provide support in accommodation and travel arrangements.
- Provide support in obtaining contracts for staff as needed
- Support in management of the compound.
- Support in management of non-personnel contracts
- Prepare and print ID cards.
- Hotel booking for national and international staff as needed.
- Responsible to complete social security flow-up monthly payments process.
Qualification and Experience:
- Relevant university degree or similar education
- Minimum of three (3) year experience in Admin and HR position, experience in the NGO sector is an asset
- Knowledge of local (labour) laws and regulations
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise large and changeable workload
- Good communication skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Able to work independently and energetically
Good computer skills (especially MS Word and Excel)
- Fluent in spoken and written Arabic.
- Very good spoken and written English.
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
- Fair compensation & continuous development
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/about-us/job-and-career/support-for-job-seekers.
Danish Refugee Council is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and positive work environment based on mutual respect for all employees. All applicants are considered for employment without attention to race, age, ability, ethnicity, nationality, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other factor. At DRC we celebrate diversity and appreciate our employees for the people they are and their unique skills, backgrounds, and perspectives. We encourage all interested candidates to apply!